23. Friday Night Week Eight (pt2.)

Feeling dejected after my fight with Eli, I decided to head home. Tori was sober and wanted to leave so she dropped me off on her way home.

"Thanks, Tor," I told her through the window, she smiled at me and made my way to the house.

It was only 12 pm and my Nan was a heavy sleeper so I made my way to my bedroom with relative ease, tripping once or twice along the way. I collapsed onto my bed, exhausted after the whole evening. A thousand and one thoughts were floating through my head, about 999 of them were centred on Eli.

My Eli oriented brain was interrupted, however, when there was a knock on my window. My eyebrows scrunched together as I contemplated who it was and to my complete and utter shock, Eli stood there with a black sweatshirt on. He motioned for me to open the window and so I did.

"What are you doing here?"

"Come with me."

"What?!" I exclaimed, "No! I can't just come with you," I whisper-yelled.

Eli rolled his eyes and held his hand out for me, "yes you can."

Huh, I cocked my head to the side, "fine," I huffed out but inside I felt butterflies pooling in my stomach. Eli led me to his car, opening the door for me before jogging around to his side of the car and getting in.

"Where are we going?" I asked him, "and don't say it's a surprise."

"But you love surprises," Eli was smirking as he said it because he knew he was right; I did love surprises. I rolled my eyes before leaning my head against the window and in no time, I was fast asleep.

— — — — —

It was still dark out when Eli shook me awake. I peeled my eyes open and stretched out in his car, "where are we?" I asked him in a sleepy voice

"Come on," he pulled me out of the car and I shivered in the night air, only just realising that I was still wearing my outfit from the club, goodness sake.

"What time is it?"

"3:30"

"In the morning!" I exclaimed, "why the bloody hell am I here," I motioned around me to all the trees, "at 3 in the fricking morning, Eli!"

Eli didn't respond, he just grabbed his backpack from the boot of his car, intertwined my fingers with his and tugged me along into the forest.

"It's freezing, Eli," I told him through shivers

"We're almost there," he replied pulling me along a little faster. I glared at the back of his head as we walked, he could've offered me his sweatshirt at least, prick.

We had been walking for about ten minutes when I again, tripped on something which was inconveniently protruding out of the forest floor. Getting annoyed I complained for about the tenth time, "this is stupid, Eli, I'm cold and tired."

Eli growled, "for fucks sake, Rei, we're almost there" he gave my hand a sharp tug in an attempt to right my footing.

"What! It's not my fault that you decided you wanted to take me hiking in my freezing club clothes at bloody three in the morning!" I yelled at him, annoyed. Eli stopped in his tracks, turning to face me. He dropped my hand and his backpack and he then proceeded to take off his sweatshirt.

"Arms up," he grunted out, I did as he said and he tugged the sweatshirt on over me, "if you wanted it, you could've just asked Rei."

I narrowed my eyes at him but I didn't say anything because he was right. "Thank you," I mumbled out.