31. Sunday Week Ten (pt2.)

ELI'S POV cont. - SMALLER SURPRISE

The drive to Rei's had been silent and I knew she was pissed at me for being a prick. Because I had been a prick. Better she thought that I was a prick than her be hurt by my fucked up life.

I knew it was the cowards way out, but every time I thought about how my life could hurt her, all I wanted to do was lock her in a room and keep her there until she turned old and grey, rest of the world be damned.

This morning was the first time I had lied to Rei when I told her that I was training all day, but I was actually going to see Mikael at his office which was above the club section of Staircase.

When I entered his office, Cayden, Raven and Vincent, were there too. Cayden gave me a look of curiosity which I ignored.

"You're late, Ryker," Mikael scolded from his seat behind his desk. I made no reply because I didn't give a shit, "where were you?"

"Not your business."

Mikael looked up from the documents on his desk and met my gaze with a cold glare which I returned just as harshly. Realising that I wasn't going to back down, he narrowed his eyes before looking away.

"We have business to discuss," he lit a cigar and began smoking it like the dickhead gang leader he was. "You two," he motioned to me and Cayd, "aren't making enough money, you need to pick up more jobs."

Cayd's brows furrowed, "I've been winning a shitload of races."

Mikael slammed a hand on the desk, none of us flinched, used to his psychotic tendencies, "I don't give a fuck," he growled, "you need to make more."

"What jobs?"

His eyes flickered to me at my question, "there's a coke shipment next week. I need you and Cayden to run point, make sure it is distributed properly," another drag of his cigar, "fucking idiots are messing shit up."

Cayd looked over at me, asking me with his eyes if agreeing was the right call, I gave him a short nod and just like that we were doing another illegal task for Mikael.

"Aren't you two cute?" Vincent sneered from his seat in an armchair on the other side of Mikael's desk.

"Don't be jealous, Vince, you'll find a man who loves you for you soon enough," Raven snarked with a patronising smile.

"Bitch."

"Shut the fuck up!" Mikael yelled, "both of you, you fucking children." Cayd and I turned to leave but Mikael stopped me, "not yet, you two. You can go, Raven"

Raven rolled her eyes as soon as her back was to Mikael, likely annoyed at being made to come here for no reason.

"What do you want, Mikael?" I asked as soon as Raven had left.

"Take a seat, son," he motioned to the other armchair opposite his desk.

I made no reply, getting sick of waiting around, I merely crossed my arms across my chest in a silent way of telling Mikael to hurry the fuck up.

"That's right, Ryker only does what his bitch tells him to do. Where is she anyway, I miss her pretty little face?"

Growling, I lunged for Vincent, "what the fuck did you just say?"

All the fucker did was smile up at me, like he had gotten the reaction he wanted, "you heard me, Ryker. If you get some, why don't I?"

I punched him square in the face and the sound of his nose breaking cracked through the room, but that wasn't enough to satisfy me. I hit him again and again, causing him to wail out in pain, fucking bitch.

"You go near her, and I swear I will fucking kill you, Vincent," I shook him in my grip, "do you understand me?"

He nodded vigorously and I released him with a hard shove which ensured he hit the back of his head against the armchair. I smirked when he howled in pain.

But the howling stopped abruptly when Mikael pulled out a gun and pointed it straight at Vincent's head, "shut the fuck up before I give you something to really cry about, you pussy."

Mikael looked at me, "this Reillyn Cole is a problem," I said nothing, "she needs to go, Ryker."

I arched a brow, "she's not a problem."

Mikael leant back in his chair, his eyes flickering to Vincent who was still clutching his nose in his hands; he was lucky I didn't break his fucking dick.

Mikael chucked a cloth at Vincent as a silent command to clean himself up which he did, but no amount of wiping blood would cover the swell of his nose.

"Vincent here likes your little girlfriend, Ryker," my back straightened and my fists clenched at my sides and I tamed the urge to beat the shit out of them both, "what's to stop me from allowing him to pursue her?"

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" I spoke through gritted teeth, barely containing my rage. I felt Cayden step forward to stand beside me.

Mikael took another drag off his cigar, "it means, she leaves your life or Vincent enters hers."

Vincent smirked and I moved towards him again but Mikael bellowed, "stop this, Ryker."

I growled, "I meant what I said, if he goes near her, I will kill him."

"No you won't," my eyes left the smug bastards face so I could glare at Mikael instead.

"Fucking try me, Mikael."

He raised his eyebrow, "do I need to remind you that I'm the reason your brat of a sister is alive and continues to live happily?"

Motherfucker.

Cayden swore under his breath.

"You know what, Ryker?" I didn't give Vincent the satisfaction of looking at him as he spewed his bullshit, "Mikael's right, I do like your little girlyfriend, she's got fire. I wonder how long it would take me to beat it out of her."

I lunged for him again but Cayden grabbed me and pulled me away, but I was stronger than him and managed to pry my way out of his hold. It was his words that stopped me.

"Think of Ivy, man."

My eyes closed in frustration and then I exploded, "fuck!" I yelled before punching the wall. I pointed at Mikael, "One day, I'm going to put a bullet through your fucking skull and I promise you I will enjoy it."

MIkael smirked, "well, until that day comes, Ryker, you will do everything I say or Vincent here will take a nice little trip to Reillyn's quaint little bungalow," he looked over at Vincent, "how far is it from your house again, Vincent?"

"It doesn't matter where I am," he looked me right in the eye, "if you tell me to go after the bitch, no one has a hope in hell of stopping me."

I growled, pulling at my roots in frustration. Shit. I knew this would happen. This was why I should've kept my distance.

I released my hair and ground my teeth together, "what the fuck do you want?"

Mikael's smirk screamed victory and all I wanted to do was punch it off his face, "you cut all ties with Reillyn Cole and you take over Carlos's drug channel, he's dealing on the side and costing me money so I need you to replace him after his 'untimely' death."

Cayden shook his head, "you twisted fucker."

Mikael's smirk widened, "you have no fucking idea."

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hardcore chapter but maybe that helps clear up why Eli is such a prick sometimes and why he is so closed off??

Anyway, did anyone like the Eli's POV, should I do it again maybe ??

Thank you for reading, lovely people!

Please VOTE and comment! XX