Her Family

Vanaa's POV

It is my brother Gowtham.

He looked at me worried and asked, "Vanaa what happened to you?"

"Why are you standing here and crying like this".

"Is everything ok?"

I hugged him shouted "Anna" (brother in tamil) and cried on his shoulders without a word he caressed my head and tried to pacify me. Slowly my wail turned into sob and I realised my situation and composed myself.

He took me to our car, made me sit inside and gave me some water. After a while he asked me what happened, I was in search of words. I was sure I can't tell him the truth about my dream man, but still he won't leave without knowing the reason behind my act. As I know he was stubborn, just like my father. So I should make up some stories to make him believe me.

Slowly I said a story with half truth and half lie. I said to him that I saw my childhood friend after many years but I missed her in microsecond. I added that I didn't have her contact details so I was broken in the road.

He looked at me for a second then bursted out in laughter. I was confused, slowly he pulled my ears and teased me as a cry baby to cry out on the road for these petty things. Then he promised to find my friend soon. I was touched at his gesture and felt guilty for lying to him. Then he started the car after my assurance of not crying again.

After two hours of travel , we are about to reach our home in a few minutes. I am a little relaxed now. Because my brother informed me about the wedding in my family. I was confused about the bride as I was when my mother told me abruptly. Now it was clear the wedding will be for my own sister Sanaa.

Sanaa is my own sister, but she was adopted at the age of ten by my paternal Uncle Jegannathan, he is my father's younger brother. They don't have their own children so they adopted her and she was moved with them to abroad. Initially my parents were not happy about this arrangement but my grandmother convinced them. 

To my surprise Sanaa was very much interested in moving abroad with them. She didn't cry like us, but she looks happy when she left with them. After her separation my family showed love on me because I became their only daughter. But they still feel bad about giving Sanaa to my uncle, especially my mother who still regrets that. She used to call her regularly and slowly it was reduced. I saw tears in my mother's eyes whenever she talked about her. I believed she lost her one daughter to another mother. 

Little I remember was when my mother told me once that Sanaa returned to my home the day I left the hostel to rejoin my college. So I didn't get a chance to meet her. I saw her last when she was left with them 10 years ago. We rarely conversed in calls, I believed she was not interested in talking with me. I felt her attitude changed a lot once she went abroad. So I maintained distance with her.

My brother said that this evening will be her engagement and next week will be her wedding. He said some details about the groom and his family but nothing went in my ears. Strangely, I felt he was not as excited about the wedding as I was. Ignoring her thoughts, I felt happy that I can find my dream man this time. Because I'm going to stay here from now on since my exams are over. Still there will be enough time for my post graduation.

When we reached home everyone in my family was on the doorsteps to receive me. I was overwhelmed with my family's unconditional love. They took me inside, my grandmother caressed my hair , my mother hugged me and feed me sweet, my father made me sit in between him and my grandfather. My nephew Akash was sitting on my lap playfully. Even my aunty and uncle ( Sanaa's adopted parents) were there with so much love for me. Forgetting all my worries I was totally happy seeing them.

But someone's eyes pricked me, I felt a different feeling and turned around to see who was that, but I was surprised to see... a look like me. 

I was stunned to look at my twin sister Sanna.....

To be continued....

------------------------------------