What is in her Eyes??

Vanaa's POV
I was weeping for a long time, never knowing how long I stayed there. I forgot the function completely and I sank into my misery. The only thing I remember was I missed him in the morning, this thought sickened me more 
Suddenly someone patted my shoulders. It was none other than my Anni. She looked at my strained face and said "Sorry Vanaa, it was all my mistake". 
I frowned at why she was saying sorry to me all of a sudden. I asked her "What did Anni do to ask for an apology?"
"If I kept that engagement ring in a safe place, and didn't miss it, definitely I would have not called you to search it, then you wouldn't miss the rituals, because of my mistake Athai scolded you infront of all, really I felt bad I'm at guilt to face you. Really sorry Vanaa" she pressed my palms with her fingers.
I understood her misunderstanding. She thought that I cried because my mom scolded me, that's why she felt bad. I can't deny that now, otherwise she would have asked me the reason behind my tears. 
So I acted to her and said" It's ok Anni, it's mom only so not a big problem I will be ok in sometime", I smiled at her.
Only then she was relaxed and took me inside holding my hands. I was uneasy about lying to her, I cursed myself for cheating my dear ones. I was not interested in going with her but I can't deny.
Suddenly she stopped mid way and asked me with a jerk " Did you see the groom?" My face changed red in anger thinking about my friend's words, I nodded my head and replied sharply with a single word "No".
Again she misunderstood and said, " Hey it's ok don't get shy, you are a modern girl. You must meet your brother in law now , then wish him and your sister a happy future".
I simply nodded as I know I can't give her any excuses, who knows if I deny she may also think that I was jealous of Sanaa. So better I kept quiet and walked inside to the party with her.
From the distance itself we got to see Sanaa was standing alone and talking with my aunty. I felt relieved by that , now no need to see that man and talk with him. Why should I talk to him? He is nothing to me, I can't fake.
But I forgot my Anni completely. She was not ready to leave me now. I was fed up with her non stop talks, just acted like I listened to her whatever she said. 
"He is the groom"
Suddenly she exclaimed I was about to turn and see. My mom dragged my hands and yelled at me. 
"Where did you go, Vanaa? What's wrong with you? 
Don't you know we have a function in our home, all will search you".
I was speechless ofcourse she was right. Many of my relatives and family friends are here. I should be receiving them now, but I became selfish and ran away. I felt bad and said sorry to her with a puppy face. Instantly she melted and asked me to enjoy the function.
I moved away with a sign of relief. But my Anni... Oh god she was not ready to leave me. Instantly she followed me and started to exalt that groom once again. This time it was over build up, I was literally irritated to listen to her over praise about that groom.
All of a sudden she shouted again 
"He is that Mapillai(groom) , turn and look at him, Vanaa", I turned my head in that direction, she pointed. To my surprise I couldn't see him again. He turned his back to my face and was not visible. But from his physique I felt he would be a good looking man. He wore a navy blue coat with full trousers and black shoes. His shoulders were broad, his hair looked well maintained and properly combed. 
Without my conscious I moved little and I tried my best to see his face but the people walking here and there blocked my glimpse of him.
Suddenly I walked towards him, no literally my Anni dragged towards him by holding my hands firmly. But we were stopped by a thunder voice...
"Yamuna" it's my brother's call.
Immediately we stopped and waited for him to reach us.
He asked us fiercely " Yamuna!! Where are you going? Our guests are all leaving you have to give them a proper send off". He turned towards my side and asked"Vanaa where did you go? Don't you know it's our family function?"
It was the same question as my mother asked me. I stammered and said " Anna I had a headache that's why I went to rest for sometime, sorry Anna '' he nodded his head slightly and advised me to behave as a responsible girl thereafter. With a simple nod I left the place.
Thank god he took my Anni with him so I was escaped. Now I returned to my grandparents to offer them some help. But soon after I felt why I went to them.
They asked me to give some gifts to the bride and groom from my side. Everyone in our family gave something to them, so they packed the gift for me. I said " paati ma(grand ma) what was the need for that? Already you all gave so many gifts,  now why should I?" Literally I screamed, they looked at me differently. Because I never used to raise my voice to elders. But this time, I lost my patience completely. I held that groom responsible for my anger. I want to smash his face now.
I felt guilty seeing my grandparents' panicked faces , so to please them I agreed to present the gift. I collected the gifts from them and went to the wedding altar, where the bride and groom stood together. 
Once again I was not able to see that groom, he was not there. I didn't mind it and went to my twin sister Sanaa. She looked extremely beautiful but something was different in her. I examined her from head to toe carefully. After a while, yeah I found it, what was the difference between us...
Her "Eyes"... Her eyes totally look different, unlike mine. Her eyes were extremely powerful; it indicates some kind of warning to others. It doesn't show any love or care, of course many people wouldn't dare to stand face to face with her by seeing her eyes. It was cunning when she looked at others. I felt she was not so calm and kind like she portrayed to all, she would be a dangerous girl.
Sanaa... congratulations
I cleared my throat and called her name to wish.
To be continued.....
---------------------------------------------------------
Note: For better understanding
Anna - Brother in Tamil language
Anni - Sister in Law
Appa - Father
Amma - Mother
Paati ma - Grandmother
Hey guys!!
I would like to thank you all for giving me a chance to tell my story. I hope you all started to like our Vanaa. There will be an interesting love story ahead. So please keep on continuing your support with your valuable votes and comments.
Your support is the most important thing for me. I believe you will continue to encourage me with your votes and comments.

Thank you 😊