Shock For Vanaa

Vanaa's POV

The next morning was so afresh for me, I was excited about finding my man in this wedding crowd. Somewhere my intuition says that he is so near to me, so I didn't want to miss the chance of locating him.

As as soon as I got up from bed I finished my morning routines and straight away went down to check today's plan. Since marriage will be in six days everyone in my family were so busy with arrangements.

I went to my Anni, because she is the FM of my home. As I expected she told me everyone's plan one after other. Through her I got to know that my mother, aunt, sister in law, Sanaa and brother were all planning to goto marriage shopping, so I planned to join with them.

Excitedly I went along with them, after 4 hours travel we parked our car near a famous textile shop of that our city. We all went in each and every second I turned my head towards the entrance and waited for that grooms family arrival. But I noticed Sanaa was not happy she looked at me with her burning eyes. I was confused that why did she behave differently with me???

They all arrived his parents , younger sister,his Uncle(his father's brother), Aunty. But groom and his cousin was not there, everyone said they two were like twins. Groom have an important meeting today so he couldn't join us. His cousin was also super busy to relive the groom for his marriage celebration. I didn't mind about that groom but I was curious to know about his cousin, what if he turned up to my man??? So I tried to get possible information about him, but nothing was fruitful.

Next two days we were busy in other arrangements like inviting people and so on. Now only two more days for marriage I was waiting for a chance to check the groom's family.

My family arranged a pooja at our home to please the God before marriage ( It was a kind of rituals). So we invited the groom's family, now I was alert and excited to see them, as of I know was they will be joining us in this pooja. Just an hour before the pooja my mother called me and asked me to goto the boutique immediately.
I was frowned as why now??

"Mom why should I go now? Can't I do this work later or after pooja?" I snapped at my mom.

"Listen Vanaa it's needed right now, your sisters new saree. which the groom gifted her to wear after ritual was spoiled, so you need to get an exactly same one from boutique. Already we informed that owner they have an another piece. So make it fast try to come before the groom family arrive", mom said.

I was irritated to the core but can't show it to my mom. So I rushed as early as possible to finish the work and come back, I went to the boutique. There I was waited for more than three hours to test my patience. Finally they let me go after completing the saree designs.

Without knowing the fact that my sister trapped me in this mess to avoid me in the pooja I returned home to see him.

Again I missed, none were there all went I was shattered to pieces. My mom told me,"Vanaa they left just now and your sister Sanaa anyhow managed to wear her damaged saree". I couldn't hold my tears I bursted out at my mom and yelled at her, "then why did you send me?".

She was in shock at my outburst I didn't wait for her reply and ran into my room and locked myself.

I couldn't tolerate my pain of not seeing him for more than one and half years, I wept like a child. I was thinking about our first encounter it was always precious for me. I never knew how long my tears fell down I slept slowly in the agony.  After that my mother convinced me with her apology, I was guilt striken to shouted at her. Immediately I apologised and reconciled with her.

Next two days I didn't take any step to check the groom's family. I was silently doing my work by crying inwardly. I left everything to god to show me a path to reach my destiny, it's only him.

Wedding Day...

I got up early morning,  finished my chores and I was ready with my pink and yellow silk saree with the properly fixed hair and matching jewels. I looked at the mirror and felt something strange. I know I look pretty but something was missing in my face.... It was my smile. Also my eyes were swollen in recent breakdowns, so I put a makeover to cover up my secret. I was satisfied with my look and went down to help in marriage arrangements.

I checked the flower decoration and welcome table arrangements, which was my responsibility and roamed around the house to see my mother. But to my surprise I didn't find any of my family members out, except our  guests.

When I was puzzled and checked them, all of a sudden my mobile rang... It was my brother.

I picked his call and said "Hello Anna"
"Vanna where are you? Come to our grand parents room immediately" he said with tensed voice.

I was puzzled and asked him " why Anna? any problems?"
"You first come lets talk later" he hang up the call.

I was confused and hurried to my grandparents room. Everyone were there was worried and tensed. My thatha (grandfather) was sitting in the center of that big room with a pain in his face. My Amma and my chithi (aunt) were crying miserably,  my Appa and Chittpa (uncle) were standing like a statue by putting their heads down. My Anni was helping my patti (grandmother) in her medicines. 

I felt twitched feel inside my stomach, I can't take it further so I asked them
"Is there anything wrong??? What happened???"

My thatha opened his mouth and asked me something which I can't believe. I rubbed my ears and asked him " thatha what did you ask me just now ???"

"Vanaa can you marry your sisters groom??"  asked thatha.

To be continued.....

---------------------------------------------------------

Note: For better understanding

Anna - Brother in Tamil language
Anni - Sister in Law
Appa - Father
Amma - Mother
Paati ma - Grandmother
Thatha - Grandfather
Chithi  - Aunty
Chitapa - Uncle

Hey guys!!

I hope you all like this story, if you are impressed with my work please never mind to post your comments and share your votes.

Your support is the most important thing for me to write further and entertain you. I believe you will continue to encourage me with your votes and comments.

Thank you 😊
Stay safe
Meenakshi Jothi