Vanaa's New Home

Vanaa's POV

Oh God!!! Please be with me. Really I'm scared how I'm going to stay here without anyone's support. Anni (SIL) told his parents spoke so rude on marriage day especially his mother. How I'm going to live with such hatred. Breaking my thoughts someone patted on my shoulders. I flinched with a sudden touch.

"Hello!! Hey!! Listen to me... Are you a Maladaptive daydreamer???"  Fumed Surya.

I blinked confusingly and questioned him "what?? What are you saying?? ".

He sneered and said " I mean do you always live in your own dream world, ignoring the reality?? Already it is late evening within sometime the temperature will go below 10 degree  celsius. Do you want to spend your night in this car??"  Vanaa's face turned red in embarrassment and didn't reply, she twisted her ring in her finger as a sign of embarrassed.

Seeing her denial to reply to him, he misunderstood her attitude and was annoyed. Loosing his patience he yelled " I'm not your servant to open your door, get down fast".

He parked the car and got down from it, instantly his mobile rang he picked it turning away. While that time I came out from the car and tried to pick my baggages, again I don't want him to scold me so I tried to lift my baggage with great difficulty. It was really too heavy I guessed my Anni and Amma packed almost my entire wardrobe in two baggages. I was breathing heavy in this process forgot about him completely that he was waiting for me to join him.

"Honey why are you lifting heavy weights, I shall do it for you" speaking so sweetly, all of a sudden a warm hand embraced me. I was speechless and turned cold feet, I couldn't believe my ears. I blinked my eyes in surprise, just now he yelled at me impolitely, what happened to him all of a sudden.

I turned my gaze to look at him, to my surprise he smiled at me and his broad shoulders cuddled my thin shoulder blade, our bodies brushed and I felt a chill in my spine. I lowered my head down as I was not dare to look at him and I fidgeted my saree unknowingly. He bend down to take my baggage holding me in his another hand, his warm breathe touched my ears and jaws. My heart beat fastly as it was racing somewhere.

Holding me in his arms he casually lifted my baggages and placed it on floor by the time servants came and took it with them.

He whispered in my ears " Let's go inside our home" and walked in holding me tightly. Forgetting all his hurtful words my heart started to melt for him once again.

Some ladies and men were standing at the entrance with pleasant smile on their face, I hope they are his family members. They took aarathi of us both and asked me to do some post wedding rituals. I had to hit the kalasam (rice pot) with my right leg and should step in with my husband.  Everything happened like a dream I couldn't believe they were so humble to me, I was expecting a worse from them but here it was upside down. I was confused but felt little peace with this ritual after all we are real couples.

A middle aged woman introduced herself as my mother in law and took me directly to pooja room. She asked me to lit up the diya infront of god, I was happy and did as she said. Finally Surya filled my forehead with vermillion infront of god and we took elders blessings. I took it as a good sign and started to believe this marriage is going to work.

"Ok Surya we are happy to see you with your wife, we don't want to disturb your private time. Let's meet tomorrow at your wedding party" a stranger in formals said. He was standing with another man holding some files in his hand. He was a same man whom I misunderstood as groom to be on Sanaa's engagement day.

"Hey it's ok Sudhir, it's not a problem, lets discuss. I'm totally free now" said Surya with a gentle smile.
And looked at another man and said..
"Shiv get me the files".

"No man it's not a good idea. Since this is your first day with your wife in your home after your wedding , so just make it memorable. Take her inside and spend your time, I will talk with grand pa and will leave" that new man Sudhir said and winked his eyes at Surya.

He turned to my side and said " Sister I'm your husband's business partner as well as family friend. Nice to meet you, by the way wish you a Happy marriage life" he smiled genuinely and extended his hands to greet me.

I was touched when he called me sister, I remembered my brother Gowtham and felt emotional. I smiled back and greeted him and said "thank you sir "as a sign of respect and happiness. He looked at me intensely then smiled once again and said "No formalities sister call be Sudhir Anna(brother)" before turning back to Surya. I felt emotional seeing a brother figure in this new house.

"Alright Surya you carry on, I have something to discuss with grandpa" said Sudhir anna hugging Surya.

Still he didn't move a bit and asked Surya " What are you waiting for?? come on carry on man, take my sister to your room in usual bridal style"  said Sudhir Anna teasingly.

I noticed Surya's body stiffened, I was totally embarrassed and looked down, I was worried about Surya's act and thinking to avoid this.But surprisingly he came near me and took me in his arms.

I looked at him shockingly but his face was emotionless suddenly Sudhir anna and Shiv clapped their hands to cheer us. I was shy to look at him and closed my eyes eventually pulling his shirt collar in  nervousness.

He walked straight away and I opened my eyes to notice him taking me on the staircase. I was perplexed what he was upto??

After few seconds he entered into a room, it was so big room painted with light colour matching the floor colour, well maintained with matching screens and  and designed with wood carving tables and chairs it has unique antique statues collection.

A sudden bang "ahhhhhhh...." I screamed in pain and I realised he threw on the bed carelessly. I was very angry on him for his careless behaviour.

My back was aching badly I tried to get up from bed knead my back to reduce my pain and asked him
" why did you throw me carelessly??"

To be continued....

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!

I hope you all like this chapter if you are impressed with my work please never mind to post your comments and share your votes.

Your support is the most important thing for me to write further and entertain you. I believe you will continue to encourage me with your votes and comments.

Thank you 😊
Stay safe
Meenakshi Jothi