CHAPTER SEVEN

A/N- New Update.
Enjoy.🥂

I groaned as the rays of sunlight hit my eyes. I think someone left my drapes open yesterday, and I'm certain that person is Mason.

"Mason! Whenever you come over, ensure you close the drapes." I yelled without bothering to open my eyes. I knew Mason would be able to hear me from his bedroom.
"Ermmm... I'm confused as to why you are yelling at someone who is right beside you. You're hurting my ears." I heard Mason voice beside me.

I guess we fell asleep after watching the animation 'Ne Zha.' Ne Zha is a kick ass animation by the way, just saying though. But it's quite surprising that Mason is sleeping this morning, he has insomnia so he rarely sleeps.

"Ohh... You're here, even better. Don't leave the drapes open again. Thank you." I still mumbled sleepily as I opened my eyes to see Mason lying next to me.
Mason just grunted in reply.

The sleep slowly clearing away from my eyes, I rose up from my lying position and rested my back on the wall.
"What's the time?" I yawned.
"Probably eleven or something." Mason mumbled.

My eyes opened as wide as saucers, "What? We missed school!" I yelled.
Mason grunted and sat up like I did. He looked really drowsy and groggy.
"Since you obviously can't remember, today is teacher's summit." He weakly explained, but my brows scrunched in confusion.

"Since when does our school have teacher's summit? What do they even do at teacher's summit? How come I haven't heard of it before?" I voiced out my confusion.
Mason looked at me shocked, his sleepy eyes clearing a bit.

"You're joking right? If you are trying to be funny this morning, trust me it's not working. They always have teachers summit every session, and it's a two-day event. Are you telling me you don't what that is? After witnessing it for four years, this being the fifth year. Don't joke with me Hailey." He muttered the last part. Sleep evident in his voice again.

I chuckled nervously, "I was totally kidding. You should have seen your face. I got you good, I know I did." I said faking a laughter.
Mason heaved in relief, "For a moment you had me. I thought something was wrong with your brain or something. Okay, since that is established, I'll be going back to sleep." Mason said, lying back on the side of his bed.

"You took your sleep drops right?" I asked, although it was pretty obvious. Mason is only groggy and sleepy when he uses his sleep drops.
He nodded lightly without opening his eyes, "When it was seven a.m and I still couldn't sleep. I remembered that we didn't have school for two days, so I don't have to wait till weekend to get a sound sleep. So I went to get my drops from my room, since the extra I always keep on your vanity table is finished."

"And you couldn't sleep in your room after using your drops. What if you fell while climbing over? You take too much risks Mason and honestly..." I was saying but Mason stopped me by placing his finger weakly on my lips.
"Shhh... You worry too much Hails. I'm fine, aren't I?" He smiled, his smile a bit wobbly 'cause of how sleepy he was feeling.

I removed his finger gently so I can speak, but rather than dropping it on the bed, I held his left hand in mine, "You take too much risks Mason. You should have just slept in your room. If you didn't want to be lonely, you should have woken me up when you were going. You know I would've followed you. What if something happened..."

"Hails, take a chill pill. Okay? Nothing happened to me. Besides, you know how hard waking you is. You always sleep like you are dead to this world and you couldn't care less what's happening around you. Also, I didn't want to disturb you."