CHAPTER NINETEEN

A/N- TGIF!!💃💃 Despite everything and the challenges we face everyday, we are still grateful we have life.
New update,
Enjoy 🥂

"You both should have fun." My mom said.
"Don't forget to take loads of pictures and send them to us so that we can know you are actually having fun." Mason's mom said after my mom.

"Yeah, and don't forget to Skype us once in a while. Not like everytime so it doesn't look like we are saying you shouldn't have your freedom but enough for us to know you're still alright and breathing. Also,..." My mom was saying when I interrupted her.

"Mom is alright. We'll be fine so don't worry about us." I smiled and hugged my mom tightly. She really worries too much.
"Okay... Okay,"  My mom took a deep breath, possibly to soothe her racing heart before she continued, "I'm super calm now. I just can't believe that this is the same Hailey I gave birth to not too long ago, taking a huge adult step and going off on her own into the world. Taking a trip with nothing but her duffle bag and her close friend. This feels surreal."

I pulled back from the hug and laughed. My mom was really taking this too far. It's not like I'm getting married or something. I'm just taking a trip, a two weeks trip may I add and she's fretting.
"One, you gave birth to me almost eighteen years ago. That's enough time for my growth. Two, I'm not going off on my own to the world. I'm just taking a trip to like two countries," Then I came closer to her to whisper the reassuring words she needed to hear,"Lastly, I know you're scared that I won't come back to say my final goodbye but I promise to try my best to come back. So mom, you can stop worrying. I'll be fine."

Mom's voice cracked as she put her forehead on mine, "Please come back to me."
I nodded solemnly as I pulled away. We waved them by as we passed the checking point. Everything else was uneventful as we finally boarded the plane.

As I settled down on my seat beside Mason, everything finally started getting real. I was finally doing this.
"We're finally doing this." Mason said as he laced my fingers with his.
I nodded solemnly as I placed my head on his shoulder as the sleeping pills were finally kicking in. My doctor advised that I sleep throughout the flight.

Our first stop was Paris, to see the Eiffel tower. Paris was so fun.
When we wanted to check into our room, I convinced Mason that I could try get us a room. I wanted to prove that he wasn't the only one who could speak French fluently. I'm not going to tell you all about my failure that day 'cause honestly it's so embarrassing. All I know is that while trying to attempt to get us a room, I managed to say that the receptionist weiner was small. The question is how does one go from asking about a room, to criticizing someone's weiner. Only me. And do you want to know what Mason was doing while I was trying to weasel my way out of calling the receptionist weiner small. He was videoing me and laughing. The receptionist thinking we did this as a dare refused to give us a room. To cut an even longer story short, we were kicked out for being rude to a staff. I felt like screaming it wasn't intentional but Mason's laughter actually contradicted my honest mistake.

I obviously let Mason speak when we were checking into the hotel, didn't want to accuse someone of having sexual disease. Who knows? Things like that just happen, if you want to doubt me look at the weiner mistake.
We took so many pictures at the Eiffel tower with me being a total goofball and Mason just being him. I brought three Polaroids so we could take as many pictures as possible. I also brought an empty album I planned to fill with as much pictures as possible. I labelled the album 'The List.'

Everything was going on fine, we were having fun and sending pictures to our parents. Our two weeks were almost done, the only thing on the list was to attend the 5SOS concert. Then my cancer decided to be an annoying fun spoiler. It was like 'I'm here! Don't you dare forget about me!"