Chapter 24

"Dadi, I am warning you for the last time take the medicine or else I'm going and will never gonna come back."
Now I'm really losing my patience. She is behaving like a child.

"This tastes ridiculous."

"So? What do you think? How should it taste? Like 'laddus'?"

"Yeah, maybe a chocolate or strawberry flavor. It can be even spicy."

"Are you done with your stupid fantasy? Then wait for the day when the medicine is going to be made tasty and then take it. After that, I will recharge the cable line and again you can watch your saas-bahu drama. Till then forget your daily soaps."

With this, I turned to go.

"What? I can't miss today's episode?"
She started shouting from behind.

"Then take the medicine. It's so simple."
I'm so trying to not laugh seeing her madness for those tv serials. Her only medicine to make her take medicine.

"So, what you decided?" I asked folding my hands.

"Fine." She replied angrily.

Finally! It's one of the toughest jobs to pursue to take medicine. I wonder why people hate medicine so much. It's not that bad. If you want to recover, just take it. It's like if you wanna pass just do study. There is no other way except for cheating.

I sat beside her.

"Now tell me why you skipped your meal?"

"No, I didn't. That doctor was lying."

"Look, Dadi if you carry on with this then I have to leave my job and keep an eye on you 24 hours. Do you want that?"

"Anu! Ok I promise it won't happen again."

" I'm so disappointed with you. Please tell me if there is any problem. Or is something troubling you? You can tell me. Is there anything?"

"Anu, there is NOTHING."

"Then why are you not taking care of yourself? Or you have got bored of me so that you also gonna leave me alone like them? Don't you feel bad for me? Don't you?"

Tears automatically started rolling down her throat. Her voice broke while telling the last line.

"I can't live without you, Dadi." She whispered.

Dadi caressed her hair. She hugged her granddaughter tightly.

"I know you have to face many problems for me, na? Taking me hospital alone..."

"You are changing the topic and by the way, I was not alone."

"Then?"

"Arjun Sir was with me?"

"What? Your boss? What he was doing with you?"
She asked worriedly.

"Relax. There was a meeting and it was late so he dropped me off and so I invited him for coffee but then we found you in that state, fainted and we took you to the hospital. And that's the story."

Ananya said all at once without taking a breath.

"And you know if he was not there, I don't know how would I handle everything."

"Hmm... By the way, he is a nice guy. Invite him again I wanna meet him if your busy boss gets some free time."

"Yeah, of course. He is a great human being and you know with each passing day I am getting to know new good sides of him and maybe more to come. When I first met him my perspective on him was totally something opposite. That's why it's said that don't judge a book by its cover."