Chapter 43

It was 00:21 at night. Ananya's eyelids opened slowly. It was a dark night with a peaceful silence residing everywhere. She woke up slowly removing her comforter. Her feet kissed the not-so-cold floor. She walked up the stairs of the building to reveal the rooftop. A stream of wind hit her hugging her in a cold embrace. She made her way towards the edge to climb up the wall. She took some slow steps enjoying the emptiness surrounding her. Her black dark eyes roamed the sleeping beauty Mumbai with a blank expression. The building had ten floors with an obviously dangerous height. Her eyes peered down to the dark depth of downward with an obvious death welcoming.

She moved her gaze to the space in front.

"Don't worry I won't do the same mistake as you. I have started loving my life." She muttered while looking at the sky with a half-moon hanging from it.

"Don't get me wrong but you were so so stupid." Her voice came out in a sarcastic tone. But the next moment her facial expression changed to a silky one which carries a lot of pain.

"You never actually loved me. You only loved that one man who got you a perfect betrayal gift. " Her eyes started burning with hot water drops filling them. "But I know what's right for me unlike you. I will do right for me." She paused. "I think you do like him, don't you?"

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath to get rid of the heaviness of her heart.

*****

As soon as the hot but not skin-heating sunrays hit her a movement was seen in her. She tried to open her eyelids to close them again. She covered her face with her palms and tried to peek through the small space between them. After getting comfortable with eyesight she checked her surrounding clearly. And then the whole scene of last night came flashing into her mind.

Shit! I slept the whole night here. I think I'm gonna have a major headache again.

She quickly got herself back to her flat. When she entered her room she found Neha sitting on her bed dumbfounded.

She snapped her fingers in front of her eyes to get her back to this world.

"Where were you? I couldn't find you on the bed and it's only 6:25 so..."

"I woke up early and went out for some physical exercise."

She raised her eyebrows with big eyes looking at her with shocking face.

"But you don't look like?"

"Are you being suspicious of me?"

"No absolutely not, how can I? But each day you are giving me new surprises." She said resting her head on her palms.

"Don't you like surprises?" She uttered while taking out clothes from the cupboard.

"I definitely love them but these are so much unexpected. You, getting up early, doing exercise. Need time to digest." Ananya rolled her eyes.

"Wait" 

"Now what?" Ananya asked getting annoyed a little.

"I just wanted to say I am happy that you are finally  moving on."

After getting ready she reached her office. As soon as she entered her cabin Diya came to take her in a warm hug with a big smile on her lips.

"Finally I don't need to work for Mr. Singhania."

"Means?"

"That means you are coming in my place and I'm yours. Back to your old position."

"Ouu, that's good." She said breaking the hug.