Chapter 30

"I. I mean Arjun Sir?"

"Yeah, I'm here just in front of you holding you."

"Did you just pull me?" She rolled her eyes.

"I just made a place for Shriya. You were blocking her way. See."

He indicated her to Rahul and Shriya who are now enjoying their dance together. No, she didn't feel bad much as she used to before. Her mind has habituated to Rahul being together with someone else.

"Now look at me, you should look into your partner's eyes while dancing." Her gaze returned to Arjun.

"Rahul was telling me that you and Shriya always used to dance together in college."

"Hu. Why are you asking?"

"Then you might not like me? I'm not as good as her," Ananya stated keeping her head low.

"I know, both of you were dancing horribly."

Ananya looked up making an angry face.

"Yeah you are right and that's why you should have left me with Rahul. Both of us are bad at dancing. We surely made a perfect couple in this case."

Her words made his grip tighten on her wrist unknowingly.

"I think you are living in a misconception. Have you ever heard of zero plus zero to come out as 1 or something else?"

Her brow raised in confusion.

"That's not a perfect couple when there is nothing to take and give, nothing to complete you. There is a tale of balancing."

"Then what should be a perfect match for you?"

Her practical mind which was constantly warning her of their closeness got overshadowed by a foreign emotion which was unexpectedly longing to stay in this closeness, in his arms.

No, she wants to get away but doesn't have the courage. She did not have the courage to deny the warmth of the touch which was making her feel protected, and secure.

"You wanna see."
Suddenly he started dancing fast along with her.

"I-I may fall. Can you just slow down?"

"You won't, trust me" his whisper rang in her ears.

And they swing, they postured, they hold each other, they got lost in each other and unknowingly they unheard of a voice. His soft touch made her shiver, his intense eyes made her feel special, and his lifting her took her top of the whole world.

The song stopped which finally triggered them to stop.

"See you didn't fall. I told you. You can dance also. And this is called perfect match which completes your incompleteness, introduces you to yourself." He whispered in her ears.

Ananya was just standing with a shocked and mesmerized facial expression. She even forgot to close her eyelids.

"Arjun"

They came out of their thoughts and left each other.

Ananya's p.o.v.

"Seriously you guys were so lost in your steps that you couldn't even hear that I was calling. Well, Arjun you quite surprised me today. Really, I never thought that you will find someone else interesting to dance with other than me. She has perfectly coped with you." Shriya uttered in a mocking tone giving me a weird look.

"Well, you like surprises. Don't you? And about coping up you just need a little effort, and trust in each other that's all, and things will create magic you know. Excuse me."

I don't know why but Shriya's words had something which made me feel awkward so I also decided to leave. I made my way to the washroom.

I splashed water on my face to calm down. My heart was still beating like a hammer as I was remembering our dance.

"Ananya," I heard Shriya's voice behind me.

I turned towards her.

"As far as I know you two didn't even like to see each other's face. I wonder what happened suddenly that you two have become so comfortable with each other."

I smiled.

"Yeah we didn't have a good start but you know now we are working together so we must share a good bonding. So yeah we have become good friends now."

"That's cool. Actually, Arjun is like this you know. No one can stay angry for a long time with him. Yeah, he might have some anger issues, and maybe a little egoistic too, in fact, some people think him arrogant too, as you thought. But if you get to know him closely no one can be better than him. That's why I love him so much."

And it hit me, straight into my brain or in my heart I'm not sure. My whole equation got disoriented. A sadness clouded me. But why am I feeling bad just because now I know that Rahul's love story is gonna end before starting like me or something else I don't know?

"Oh yeah, you are right. Umm, excuse me!"

After dinner, I got out of the venue. My whole thoughts were concentrated with lots of mixed feelings. But the worst thing is my ankles are paining because of the stiletto. I really don't know how I managed to dance in that. But now it's really paining.

"If you can't handle it you shouldn't wear it."

And he just showed up like a ghost did not know from where.

"Who told you I can't."

"No, you didn't. Your walking style is telling that. Why do you need to wear this when you can't handle it."

"Again? Who told you I can't? I can handle it and moreover, I like wearing heels. It's just sometimes it becomes a little problematic."

"You wear it as you like it or as you want to look tall."

"Both. 50-50, you have any problem?" I spat out.

"Has anyone told you that you have some mental issues? Leave it. Let's get into my car."

The car ride was silent. My mind was occupied with what I heard in the washroom. I felt a sudden urge to ask him if he also had the same feelings for her. But I controlled myself. Why would I ask him? It's their matter. It would be better for me if I stay away from this.

"Are you planning to go to my house tonight?"
I snapped out of my thoughts and realized that my apartment has come.

"Ou, yeah I'm sorry." I immediately jumped out but he stopped me.

"By the way your succulent is beautifying my balcony safely."

Shock after shock. I jumped in again.

"Ok. Let's go to my house."

"Arjun. Sir... I mean Arjun Sir," I stumbled.

"First decide what to call Arjun or Sir."

I composed myself.

"Mr. Singhania." He raised his one eyebrow at me.

"You got the gift box. Thank God. But how?"

But he totally ignored my question.

"Really I was surprised to know that you admired me secretly baby."
He moved close to me but I stopped him putting my hand on his chest.

"Baby? Are you flirting with me." I asked sternly.

"No. You are still a child. And I don't play with children."

"Good enough and you are welcome."

I got off the car with that and straight stepped towards my apartment. But the sound of his leaving obliged me to look back once more time no matter how much I tried to not. And for the last time, my eyes met with his and he left after that giving me a last glance of his charming face.

Hello, guys hope you all are doing well. Here is the chapter. Please let me know how is it. And please please please vote share and comment.

Stay safe and be happy ❤️