Chapter 31

Hello, guys hope you all are doing well. I'm sorry for the late update. S my exam started and the teacher asked me to complete all the assignments from last sem within two weeks 😥. Yeah, so the last two weeks were so hectic for me. But finally, I'm here with the next chapter. Enjoy.

Third man's p.o.v.

"What are you doing to me Ananya?"

Cold breeze pampered me with its subtle touch. My heart was restless. Emotions were coming flooded me. He stopped the car and came out. A smile automatically plastered on my lips remembering our moments together. Every time I closed my eyes it comes flashing me of her coming towards me with elegance. Her deep brown eyes made me addicted to her. It felt so peaceful holding her in my arms. The fresh night air made me sense her presence with me still now. Her soft red lips captured my attention every time to touch them, to cherish them, to draw a soft gentle kiss on them. I inhaled a deep breath.

No! This just can't be infatuation. It's something else. Something more special. Far different and beautiful than those so-called relationships I had back in London. No, she is different. She is special. She is emotional.

Ananya I lo...

But she loved Rahul. Is she still in love with him? What will I do then? What if she doesn't love me back the way I..? I can't bear that. No, I won't. She has to. But if still she doesn't then? What if I lose control of myself and hurt her in this process? No, I can't see her with someone else. I felt suffocated remembering her relationship with Rahul. I kicked the rock near me in frustration.

"Ouch"

Newton's third law applied for me hard.

I got back to the car and headed with a heavy heart.

Third person's p.o.v.

"Arjun"

"Arjunnn," his father shouted.

This time his voice reached him.

He stopped while not looking at him.

"How was the party?"

"It's good," he replied in a boring tone.

"Hey, are you angry with me that I left the party early?"

"No, that's fine."

"Ok, this is something new. We are talking face to face and you are avoiding eye interaction."

He turned his gaze to him.

"Ok. Here I'm looking at you. Say." He replied in a stern voice.

"You looked disturbed. Go get fresh and take a rest."

"Bye"

He made his way to his room without looking back further.

Arjun's strange behavior left a frown on Dinesh's face.

After getting fresh he came out at the terrace where his dad was sitting already. He turned to leave seeing him there.

"Arjun come sit here. I wanna talk to you."

He silently returned to sit beside him.

"You want?"

"No thanks," he declined the drink.

"So who's that girl with you today?"

His words made Arjun statue for a couple of seconds.

But he controlled himself.

"If you just wanna talk about this only then I am least interested. I'm leaving."

"Arjun! You know you are behaving strangely. Why are you talking to me like this? I'm your father Arjun and I have the right to know about everything going on in your life. Actually no, as a dad you told me that you will share everything with me as I'm your best friend. Don't you?"

He was a little shocked at his son's rude behavior.

"What you wanna know? She works with me as my PA."

"Just PA. Nothing else!"

"It doesn't matter."

"It matters if you like her."

"As I said it doesn't matter. Don't worry I won't take her again with me."

"What? Why? Arjun, have I ever asked you to not take her or something like that."

He kept his palm on his son's arm.

"Arjun if you like her then there is no harm. Don't suppress your feelings, or your emotions, you don't need to do that. And it's normal for a human being to have these feelings. We can do nothing about it. Face it. Why you are running away from it."

"Because I don't want my life to be like you. Yeah, I'm selfish. I don't have such a big kind heart like YOU."

Arjun's sudden outburst left him speechless.

He got up.

"Arjun," his voice was broken.

"What are you saying? How come you are comparing my life to yours? There is absolutely no comparison that can be justified."

"Yeah. Obviously. You are right. There is no comparison between us. Because I'm not like you and neither she-she's not like..."

His words shuttered. He turned his gaze to leave.

"You still hate your mom." His steps paused.

"Hate? I am so unlucky that I can't even hate her. She's far away from all of these. She doesn't care if I love her or hate her. She doesn't care at all."

*****

Ananya's p.o.v.

I'm so excited today. At last Neha is coming today. The inner me is dancing already. I missed her so much.

And now I have come to the airport to receive her. She is about to arrive.

"Anuuu, darling!"

As soon as we saw each other we got involved in a big warm hug.

Two best friends meeting each other after a long time. The emotions are at another level. In Kolkata, we used to spend a lot of time together. And during Durga Puja, we used to do pandal hopping the whole night, eating, and a lot of enjoyment.

"You know I missed you. And you?"

"Nope. I never missed you." I replied shrugging my shoulder.

"Oh hello. I know you missed me."

We chit-chatted the whole road while coming home.

I have taken two days leave as she is coming.

Well, I never thought he will approve my leave so easily. But when I asked him he agreed instantly.

Two days passed with Neha and Dadi.
Neha's company made me forget everything except one thing. Last two days not even for one time Arjun neither called me nor texted me. Obviously, why would he if he doesn't have any work with me? But surprisingly I was disturbed. Maybe I have got used to his blabbering. I smiled in my mind.

Well, I am coming tomorrow to bother him, Mr Arjun.

Arjun's p.o.v.

Cold water drops from the shower are streaming down my body while my heart is still restless. Emotions are coming flooded to me. Those emotions which I never expected to experience because I don't believe in them. Yes, I don't believe in those feelings. My brain doesn't allow me to. They are just a rush of hormones for me.

But I don't want to think about anything now. The only thing I know is that I want her in my life. And she will be. You are right Dad. Our case is different because I will win her love. I never lose. And this time also my love will get the victory. I don't care who was there in her life before or whom she loved. The only thing matters is that I will be her 'PRESENT'. That's it. These two days were enough for me to stay away from you, Ananya. Now it's time to make you mine.

"Be ready, baby."

An amused smile was seen to be played on the lips of the face in the mirror.

So here is the chapter. Please let me know how is it. And please please please vote share and comment.

Stay safe and be happy ❤️