Chapter 62

The spell around the room breaks and everyone starts cheering.

Jason lets go of my wrist. Air refills my lungs. It's not till now I realized I was holding my breath the whole time.

I run past everyone and throw my arms around Ashton. He catches me quickly.

"Hey, hey," he chuckles and wraps his arms around me as I start sobbing. "Why are you crying?"

"I am not!" I pull back and glare at him. "Did you not see the knife he had? He could've stabbed you," I yell. "Don't laugh mister, it was not part of the plan."

Ashton throws back his head laughing and tightens his arm around me. "Oh my dear Snow, I thought we were past it," he says. "No more plans."

I lean against his chest. "I don't want you to die before you kiss me. I heard so much about your kisses," I tease.

Ashton chuckles. "Good things I hope."

"Mmmh? I won't know until I get a demo."

Ashton groans. "If only papa didn't interrupt us yesterday," he says.

I chuckle as the sheriff and Principal Samatha walk over to us.

"Good job kids," the sheriff says. "We'll take care of them from here, you two should enjoy your remaining days with your friends."

"This is the last warning Fellan. Look what you've done," Principal Samantha deadpans. "As we've already called the day off, someone called it for a party on the beach. Now everyone is leaving school to prepare for the party."

It doesn't take us long to find who that person was. Owen and Miles are standing on the stage, instructing everyone what to do.

Sheriff laughs. "Come on Samantha, let them enjoy the night. They earned it."

That's true. After living in fear for two months we all deserve a break.

"So what about that Ivy League scholarship?" A boy asks.

The sheriff laughs. "No Ivy League guys. It was a white lie to catch our delinquents."

Everyone around us groans. Ashton and I laugh silently.

"I'll ruin you all!" Ashley shouts as a female officer drags her to the police car. "I'll leak all the remaining secrets I have on you."

"Yeah yeah, your prison mates will love to hear them," Cora tells her as she high fives Natasha and throws her around Asher before kissing him. Turns out, Emery didn't stab him, he kicked him where the sun doesn't shine. Mostly.

I find Natasha staring at me. She nods when our eyes meet and gives me a thumbs up. I grin and return her gesture.

An officer drags Emery to the car. Derek stops them.

"Emery," he says, "Why did you do this?"

He looks around as more officers drag their friends out. "You involved all of them in this? Even the twins? Why haven't you told me about this before? I would've stopped you."

"Stop me? Why would you stop me?" Emery's face turns red. "I did this all for you! I was getting sick of that bullshit." He points at Ashton. He raises a brow. "Why was he the quarterback and the captain instead of you? Everyone in the town knew you're going to be the quarterback after Eric before this shit came to our lives."

"Because 'that shit' plays better than your friend," Owen yells.

"Better?" Emery spats. "One of his old classmates is my father's school friend's son, we met last summer," Ashton and I suck in a breath. "He told me what a freak he used to be. He wouldn't even know how to play if his daddy didn't hire those million-dollar coaches."