Chapter 64

What are your final thoughts about this book?

🎞

"Screaming my name already?" I almost jump at his voice. "I thought we're going to hold that for beds," Ashton adds arrogantly.

In a swift move, I turn around. For a moment I almost doubted my own eyes. Is he really here?

I gulp. "What're you doing here?" The left corner of his lips turns up as he tucks his hands in his pockets. It's only us in the kitchen aside the drunken asses passed out on the counter.

"Missed me?" He asks.

I shake my head. "No," and cross my arms.

His smirks deepends as he start moving towards me. I take a back. With a disbelief look on his face, Ashton followed my lead. We continue this until my back hits something hard. A wall Oh no, it's the deep end. Ashton takes the opportunity and traps me in the place with his arms, as he leans down until his lips are right beside my ears.

"Ashton..."

"I'm sorry, Kiara," he takes my hand in his and entwines our fingera. I don't try to pull back. "Please let me explain before you jump to the conclusion. Again."

My mind starts screaming and tells me to run away. To not believe his words.

Yet my body doesn't move. It gives Ashton the assurance he needed to continue, "I never meant this to happen, Kiara," he starts. "I know we didn't have the best start. But from the very beginning, I felt something for you. Eventually, I started thinking a lot about you. All the time. And I hated myself for it."

"But I just couldn't stop myself from thinking about you. So I decided that I had enough and asked Owen and Nyako to give me some advice to ask you out. I told them how I felt about you. They reminded me continuously that you won't be an easy catch but I was willing enough to take the risk. But by then-" Ashton pauses.

"By then it was too late," I mumble. Ashton nods and tightens his grip on my fingera.

"At first I thought it was just a coincidence, but then at one party last year, I heard him telling some boys that he asked you out of pure revenge. That he heard me asking for advice to ask you out. And he knew you had a crush on him. So to put me in misery for taking his position in the team, he proposed to you to be his girlfriend." Tears run down my face. I've been a fool to say yes.

"I would've just gone out and finished him if the boys didn't hold me back. I wanted to tell you too, but just imagining your broken face," he says and gulps. "I knew I couldn't do that. Not to you. So I crossed my fingers and hoped you two will break up in some other way. I never imagined it would be this way or-"

I put a finger on his lips and stop him. "You don't have to explain it anymore."

"But-"

"I got the answer I needed," I tell him. "Moreover, I shouldn't have been angry with you in the first place. It was so stupid and wrong of me. I was mad at Derek, mad at myself for believing him. But my anger was never directed at you. I-I'm so sorry, Ashton."

He cups my face with one hand and start wiping my face with another. I wrap my hands around him and lean on his chest. "Don't cry Kiara," he says in my ears. "No boy is worth your tears."