章3

Jungkook

【A few days later...】

Over these last couple of days, you had spent most of your time carefully studying and memorizing other students' powers and their overall fighting patterns.

You had also made sure to pay extra good attention during all the theoretical classes, taking notes of everything and trying your best to not to miss a single thing, as any and all knowledge could be needed.

Originally you were just gonna try to avoid practicing at all costs and make sure to just pass the exams, but to your horror, there was no way you were gonna be able to do that after hearing about the different types of monthly evaluation exams.

Sure you could maybe get out of it a couple of times by playing sick, but there's no way you could pull that trick every month, especially not during the main exam.

If you did people would without a doubt get suspicious.

Jimin: Studying hard as always huh? Here, I grabbed a coffee and a cookie for you to boost your energy.

You looked up and smiled warmly, thanking him as you sipped the coffee and let out a hum of joy

Jungkook: Thank you Jimin-ah, you're an angel

He sat down at your table whilst tilting his head slightly, scanning the piles of books and study material you had gathered

Jimin: You know you don't have to study this hard, the main exam is a practical evaluation, not a theoretical one. Just focus on the practice and know your strong points, then you will be good to go!

Haha that's the thing.. you literally have no strong points...

You flashed him another soft smile as you took a break from reading, taking a bite out of the delicious chocolate treat, almost bouncing lightly in your seat at how tasty it was

Jungkook: Yeah but I just want to be extra... careful going into the monthly evaluation that's coming up. You know with me not using my powers in a long time and all...

Jimin hummed and nodded understandingly, taking a sip out of his own coffee as he spoke curiously

Jimin: Yeah you're right, when was the last time you used your power Jungkook-ah?

Jungkook: Oh uhm-... When I was a kid. But I quickly stopped after I discovered them... You know since my hometown didn't really have anyone with powers, I just hid them to not scare anyone...

I mean you weren't completely lying..? No one had superpowers where you and your grandpa used to live, and well you obviously never used your so-called ''powers''

...

Yeah no, you're fucked if anyone finds out about your lies...

He nodded and sighed softly, patting your shoulder in a way to hopefully reassure you

Jimin: You'll be okay, don't worry too much about it Gguk. You just have to train a bit and you'll be okay, besides you've got me here as well!

Jungkook: Right... Thanks Jimin-ah

He took another sip out of his coffee before glancing at the time on his phone

Jimin: We should start heading to class, Mr.Han really isn't fond of students who are late to his lectures

You smiled and nodded as you began putting away the books and your notes, but soon raised an eyebrow in confusion as you glanced over at Jimin

Jungkook: Wait... What's next class even gonna be about?

Jimin: I heard we'll be choosing our wands, and then practicing some basics with them so that'll be fun!

A nervous smile now spread on your lips as you gulped and stood up from your seat

Jungkook: Oh y-yeah totally...

You did read about wands a little... But there was nothing written on how it will work in the hands of someone with no powers to begin with...

Will it even work?!

The both of you started heading towards the class, but you couldn't help but worry about what's to come.

【20 Minutes later...】

You and Jimin were just chatting but soon quieted down along with the rest of the class as Mr.Han walked inside putting down his books whilst scanning the room slowly.

Mr.Han: Welcome to your first Wandlore class, I'm your professor Mr.Han, and I'll be teaching not only how to know you've chosen the right wand, but also how to use it and when to use it.

A hum left his lips as he momentarily paused and looked around the classroom silently scanning everyone once again, clearly making sure that everyone was paying attention before proceeding

Mr.Han: Our powers come with great responsibility, and it can be tempting to use them as we please... However, what you'll come to learn in my class is that with one slip of a tongue, casting the wrong spell could cause some serious and potentially fatal trouble to arise.
You will need how to correctly cast spells, how to strengthen spells and how to fix your mistakes to save yourself or your friends.

He walked over to the big inbuilt shelf that help possibly hundreds of different wand boxes

Mr.Han: Now remember, you don't choose your wand, the wand chooses you. I'll call you up one by one to find your wand, pick the wand box you feel is calling to you. Any questions?

You gulped as you felt both fascinated and slightly scared at the same time, a student raised her hand as she looked at the professor, voicing her question as he nodded at her

Student: What happens if you don't choose the wand box you necessarily felt a connection with?

He hummed as he crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow looking at you all

Mr.Han: Interesting question, does anyone know the answer?

When no one else seemed to know the answer, you slowly raised your hand before speaking up

Jungkook: Wands aren't very forgiving of mistakes... When you're inexperienced, handling someone else's wand would be like playing with fire expecting not to get burned.

The professor slowly clapped in slight surprise not expecting you to get the question right

Mr.Han: Very good young man. Now if there are no more questions, let's begin.