Chapter 3

"Great work everyone. I'll see you all tomorrow. Oh, in case Grace forgot to tell you, Opal, you keep the clothes until the end of the section. Be sure you bring them back washed." I nod.

"Okay Mr. B."

"Alright trouble makers, get the hell outta my class." Everyone laughs and Peter quickly runs to my side.

"You good Opal?" I look over at Art.

"I'm fine Peter."

"I'll see you tomorrow Opal. Later Pete." Art winks at Peter and walks out of the room.

"What did he say to you? I saw you guys talking, was he harassing you?"

"My god Peter relax." Peter sighs. "Let's go. I still have one more class to go to. I gotta change I can't stand to be in this dress anymore."

"Why!? You look amazing."

"I'll see you later yeah?"

"Okay. Just remember not to talk to Art."

"Got it." I walk out of the class and make a right to the bathrooms. After two minutes I manage to change and make my way over to class. "Photography on the second floor, room 238."

"I'm going there." I turn around and see Art with a camera hanging around his neck and his hands in his pockets. "If you want you can follow me there."

"Yeah? Thanks. I-"

"Opal!" I look over to my left down the hall to see Asia running up to me.

"Maybe next time." Art says with a shrug and walks away.

"What the fuck Opal?!" Asia says in a whispered yell. "What did we tell you?"

"He heard me talking to myself and was being nice-"

"Art isn't nice Opal. Peter told me you were his partner in dance class. What happened? Did he-"

"No he didn't harass me, no he didn't hurt me, no he didn't touch me inappropriately, no he didn't try to kill me, no he did-"

"I get it!" Asia says loudly. "Shit it's like you have a death wish."

"I don't understand why you all hate him so much. He seems like a-"

"Don't. Say. It." Asia says in a low tone. "I swear to god what is it gonna take for you to realize he's a shit person?" Asia sighs and shakes her head. "This is your last warning Opal. It's your first day and you're already flirting with death. He's gonna hurt you and I'm not gonna be there to help you. Neither are the guys." I swallow hard and look at the ground. "I'm sorry Opal. It's for the best."

"Yeah I know." I look back up at her. "I guess I didn't lose my habit of not listening to rules."

"So you do belong here you little rebel." I can't help but laugh and Asia laughs along. "Where is your class?"

"Second floor, room 238."

"This way Gemstone." I smile wide.

"My god." Asia looks at me confused.

"What?" I swallow hard and laugh lightly.

"My dad used to call me Gemstone." Asia gives me a confused look then sadness crosses her face.

"Sorry."

"No! No it's fine. I miss being called Gemstone. Feel free to use it anytime." Asia shakes her head.

"With all due respect, it's you and your dads thing. It should be between you and someone who loves you just as much as you loved your dad." I smile and nod.

Creative Girl and HimOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara