Chapter 5

I sigh and the door opens. "Thanks Art."

"Anytime." I walk in and was holding the door waiting for Art to go out but he walked around instead. "Nice place."

"Thanks." I look down at his boots. "Could you at least take off your shoes?" Art smiles.

"I already made a mess. What's the big deal?" I close the door with agitation. "Touchy."

"I'm just not in the mood okay. I'm going to change. Either stay down here or leave. I don't care which one you do at the moment, but if you stay at least take off your shoes." I drop my bag by the door with my shoes and walk upstairs to my room. I grab a pair of black sweats and a blue tank top. I close my closet door and see Art standing at my room door. "Excuse you!"

"For what?"

"I said leave or wait downstairs!"

"Yeah well." Art almost sits on my bed but I grab his arm.

"Don't! My brother has clothes, I'll bring some for you. Please just don't mess with anything." I sigh. "Please." I walk out of my room and into my brother's. I grab Art a pair of regular blue jeans and a white long sleeve shirt. I go back to my room to see Art looking through a book. "Here." I throw the clothes on my bed. I walk to the bathroom and change myself. When I'm done I look in the mirror and instantly face palm myself. My makeup is a mess. I grab my makeup remover wipes and take it all off. When I'm done I walk back k to my room to see Art in my brother's clothes. "Where are your dirty clothes?"

"Went exploring. They're hanging up in your laundry room." I sigh and walk downstairs to throw my clothes in the washer. I debating washing Art's clothes as well but the last thing I want is to touch is things or get them mixed up with my brother's. I suppose I could at least dry them... I empty Art's pockets and throw his pants and shirt in the dryer. I walk back up to my room and see Art leaning against my bookshelf looking through a book.

"Find anything you like?" Art shakes his head.

"Not really." He throws my book on my bed instead of putting it back on the shelf. I walk over to grab my book.

"Could you at least be a little more respectful of my things?" I ask not even bothering to fight his childlike behavior.

"I could." I sigh and slide my book back into its place. "Why are you so uptight all of a sudden?"

"I had a rough day okay?"

"Wow, first day already got you PMSing?" I close my eyes and shake my head.

"Whatever. Your clothes are in the dryer. I'm making dinner so don't break anything."

"Why are my clothes in the dryer?" I ignore him and walk downstairs. "Opal." I reach the bottom of the stairs when I feel Art grab my arm. "Why are my clothes in the dryer?"

"Does it really matter?!" I yell and tank my arm away.

"I don't wanna stay longer than necessary." I scoff and slide my hands over my face.

"My god. You are seriously messed up." I say with a cynical smile.

"What?"

"You're not wanting to stay longer than necessary but you're willing to let your clothes air dry. Not to mention you could have just let me in and leave!"

"What's your problem?"

"You're my problem Art!" I exclaim with the cynical smile still on my face. "It's crazy! You're crazy! Why am I such an interest?!" Art's face doesn't change.

"Does it matter?" I scoff.

"You're unbelievable." Just then the door opens and I see my brother walk in. "This cannot be happening." I say covering my eyes.

"Umm. Hey?" My brother, Onyx says, obviously confused.

"Hey. I'm Arthur." I hear footsteps and I finally uncover my eyes. "You're her brother correct?"

"Yeah. Onyx."

"Onyx and Opal?"

"Yeah, and my twin, her older sister, Aqua."

"Aqua?"

"Shortened nickname of Aquamarine." I see Art's annoying side smirk.

"You're all named after gemstones?"

"Yeah. Our dad called us his gemstones. He-"

"Enough Onyx." I say cutting him off.

"Opal-"

"Don't." I swallow hard and go into the kitchen. I grab some chicken from the fridge and start cutting them into slices, I feel like making stir-fry tonight. I hear footsteps but don't bother turning around.

"Opal." I hear Onyx behind me. "You gotta-"

"I gotta what Onyx? Forget dad?"

"I'm not saying forget him. I'm just saying-"

"No Onyx!"

"Opal! Javier isn't that bad!"

"I don't care about him! I care about dad! I was the only one he had left! You and mom left him! Unfortunately, Aqua follows you around because you're the big brother!" I feel tears stinging my eyes. "I was always the closest with him!" A few tears fall and my heart clenches. "I was the only one there for him Onyx. I was the only one that cared." My voice cracks. "None of you even went to his funeral." The tears can't be held back anymore. They all burst through and I run up to my room. I collapse on my bed and cry as hard as I can. The last time I cried was when I gave away dad's final few items from our house. I hear the door open and tears fall even harder then I thought. "Go away Onyx!"

"It's me." I shake my head, burying it deeper into the pillow. The last thing I wanna do is hear Art's stupid voice. "Opal."

"Go away." I say quietly. A few seconds later I feel my bed dip down. I feel a hand against my back but I pull away. I hear Art sigh then just when I thought he was getting ready to leave, he does the opposite.

He lays beside me, wraps his arm around my stomach and pulls me to his chest. I can't help but cry even harder. I turn around and cry into Art's chest. At this moment I don't care what Sam said about Art, he was the only one comforting me when I really needed it. "Let it out Opal." I heard him whisper. I didn't hesitate.

That is exactly what I did.

Creative Girl and HimOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara