eleven

"mingyu? mingyu is that you?" a rush of panic shot through wonwoo's veins as he held both his hands up in front of him, feeling around his surroundings since he couldn't see any more than pitch black. 

the moon that illuminated them on the open spot disappeared behind the branches of the trees once they entered the forest, leaving everyone in total darkness. the rustling of the wind through the leaves was the only thing being heard, an owl far away mixed with yells of students that faded the more time passed. 

the more the darkness turned silent, the scarier the atmosphere around them became. a feeling of fear crept down wonwoo's spine, spreading goosebumps over the entire surface of his skin. he had lost mingyu on the run into the forest. wonwoo seemed so determined to flee away from the cabins, taking the game a little too serious perhaps. 

and now here he was, somewhere deep in unfamiliar surroundings, looking for any form of familiarity, even just mingyu's scent would be enough for him to recognize the taller male. his scent? i remembered his scent? 

axe's regular deodorant mixed with a fair tint of watermelon. his shampoo perhaps?

wonwoo shook the thought away, trying to focus on actually finding mingyu instead of reminding himself of the scent that lingered on mingyu's body. 

"mingyu?" wonwoo hissed, keeping his tone down as much as possible. he had no idea how much time had passed since he had entered the forest and he couldn't take any risk to be found. he had left his phone back in the cabin and he regretted his decision horribly. although it had also been a smart move, since he might have given himself away once his screen lit up to check the time.

suddenly he heard a branch next to him creaking, as if someone just stepped on it. wonwoo instantly snapped his face in that same direction, trusting his ears when his eyes were still not used enough to his dark surroundings.

god, why did he have to be so afraid of the dark? if he hadn't been alone he could have covered it up with more ease. but of course, he had to be the one to lose his partner. out of all students, how was he even able to loose mingyu's tall figure?

"mingyu?" he tried again, his voice nearly cracking as fear shivered all the way through his body, "mingyu i swear to god if this is you i'm going to kill you when there's light again."

and the thing that happened next was something unexpected to wonwoo, who's level of fear instantly lowered.

warmth, the familiar scent of axe deodorant and watermelon entering his system, a pair of strong arms embracing him and a soft chest to hide his face in. the trembling mess wonwoo had been until just a second ago calmed down as he allowed himself to wrap his arms around the broad torso to take in more safety.

there were no words needed for wonwoo to recognize that it was mingyu who gave him that hug. and he couldn't understand how he let himself get hugged by someone so easily. he didn't even understand why he never realized he was in a terrible need for touch and warmth like this.

the wonwoo of yesterday used to hate it and tend to avoid it at any cost.

but the wonwoo of today seemed to calm down in the warm arms of mingyu, who offered him safety and so much more.

"i fucking hate you." was the first thing wonwoo managed to bring out, lightly slapping mingyu against his shoulder but refusing to let go of him.

"a thank you would have been nice too, but i'm getting used to your way of saying things." mingyu whispered back, squeezing wonwoo a little tighter inside his embrace to let him know he would protect him at any cost.