thirty two

as you might be wondering, how did help services show up so suddenly? didn't mister lee told us that there wasn't any form of connection in a radius of five miles around the camping terrain? perhaps we missed a crucial detail here? 

let's go about thirty minutes back in time, shall we?

"i think he entered the forest." 

"shh! keep your volume down seokmin! what if he's near us?" 

the scary ambience was still present, a sudden silence bringing along a feeling of discomfort while four boys hid away in the shadows of the trees. somewhere deeper in the forest, seokmin and jisoo had reunited quick enough after they'd lost each other in the chaos of the open spot. meanwhile hansol had held seungkwan's hand through their run tighter than ever before. 

after a while they accidentally bumped into each other, deciding it would be best to return to the edge as soon as things would calm down. although once they arrived at their wanted destination they found out that the shooter, however, was still on the loose, hunting down as much students possible, shooting his victims merciless. 

they kept a small distance from the terrain nonetheless, deciding it would be for the best to not see the horrendous view of how their friends and acquaintances were harshly being murdered. but now silence pierced their ears, the atmosphere suddenly seemed more sinister than it was before. sound was cut off abruptly, making the heads of the four boys peer up, giving them a rather ominous feeling. 

"i'm sorry.." seokmin painfully sighed, soothing out the area where seungkwan had elbowed his ribs. he let his body slide down to the floor with his back against a tree, dropping in his former position against jisoo. 

"don't be sorry minnie." jisoo whispered in his ear, trying to ease his feeling of guilt by gently rubbing his thigh, massaging the skin in a way that seemed to calm seokmin down. 

"ugh, i'm going insane. how long have we even been in here? well guess what, we can't fucking tell because no one brought their fucking phones!" seungkwan whisper hissed hysterically, simply swatting away hansol's hand when he felt it gently gripping his shoulder. 

"kwan, please calm down." hansol tried for at least the seventh time in five minutes, failing yet again as seungkwan kept pacing back and forth "there's no other option than to wait for help."

"and how will there be help when there's no fucking connection!" seungkwan raised his voice the slightest bit, annoyed of how oblivious the other three were. 

"well, i have to agree on this one too. there won't be any help hansol, we just have to wait and hope he doesn't find us." jisoo sighed, entirely giving up hope, but feeling the slightest sense of peace with seokmin by his side. 

"well.. that's not entirely true.." hansol suddenly looked up to the roof of leaves, a stroke of bright moonlight falling on his face. he scratched the tip of his nose, a small habit he had while being deep in thoughts. ".. a camping terrain is not allowed to be built in a zone with no phone connection. there should at least be something like a local phone for emergency cases, it should be required at least." 

seungkwan's eyes widened as he turned around, a sparkle of hope dancing through his eyes. "that's it! all we need to do is find that phone and connect with help sources!"

"the only room where it could possibly be is the small headquarter, the first building in our row! i'll take a look!" hansol was determined and took a few steps closer to the edge of the forest, but got stopped by seungkwan. 

seungkwan's eyes gave away that he was completely against this whole idea. which, however, wasn't exactly the case. "you're not going without me." he spoke, reaching out for hansol's hand again.