epilogue

3 years later.

"woo? have you seen my car keys?"

mingyu's voice echoed through the wide hallway as his footsteps were heard over the marble floor. "how am i supposed to know where your car keys are? our house looks like a maze and i still haven't figured out which hallway is connected to which room." wonwoo answered his boyfriend, as he didn't take the effort to look up from the novel he was reading, seated on the large leathern couch in the middle of the living room.

"have you checked your pockets yet?" wonwoo once again informed, knowing how clumsy mingyu could be from time to time. his statement went followed by a small silence and a sigh following short after. "found them!"

an unexpected presence got up to wonwoo from behind and leaned over the headrest of the couch. mingyu sneaked both arms around his boyfriends tummy, on which the boy visibly flinched. though he managed to steady his heartbeat soon after, letting out an annoyed sigh as he flipped the page.

"it's been three years yet it still scares you, doesn't it?" mingyu whispers, reminding himself to approach him in a different way next time.

"i don't think i'll ever be able to completely get over it." wonwoo had never been scared of anything before the incident at a long forgotten school camp three years ago. ever since then, hard sounds, unexpected touches and other unpredictable things were able to make him shrink and bring memories up again.

flashes of the unfamiliar man he'd been eye to eye with the moment he placed a bullet in mingyu's ribcage, the sound of mingyu screaming for help and even the cold sensation of mingyu's skin when the life slowly drained from his body.

though there was nothing to be scared of anymore. the culprit had went through several trials that mingyu and wonwoo purposely watched on the news, ending up in him receiving life sentence for the murders he had committed. he had been locked behind bars for the past three years, yet still wonwoo had developed fears regarding that one traumatic night at camp.

"hey, and that's absolutely okay with me. you know these arms will keep you safe, right?" mingyu nuzzled his nose against the side of wonwoo's cheeks, who automatically closed his eyes to enjoy the tender touches.

"i know.. thank you gyu."

"is it safe to leave you now? i really don't want to be late in my meeting, they scolded me pretty bad last time." mingyu giggled on the memory of what exactly made him run late, making even wonwoo's lips curl up in the slightest smile.

"but it was worth it, wasn't it." wonwoo's nose scrunched up when mingyu rubbed his nose in the crook of his neck, the ticklish sensation causing wonwoo to let out a playful shriek.

"it was.. how about we relive that moment when i get home, huh?" mingyu voice range lowered with a few octaves, sending a shiver down wonwoo's spine who nodded in anticipation. "that sounds pretty alluring."

"then that's set! have a nice day woo, i love you." with those words being said, mingyu pressed a final kiss against wonwoo's temple before speeding down the hallway again, the marble floor echoing underneath his footsteps as he swiped the wrinkles from his plain black suit.

wonwoo rolled his eyes as he let his body sink back in the gigantic leathern couch, reverting his attention to the book he had been reading. "good luck at work gyu! love you too!" he yelled just in time before the closing of the large oaken wooden door caused a loud thud that was heard through nearly the entire house.

mingyu had accidentally invested in a business two years ago, which appeared to turn out as one of the biggest companies in their nation. they'd been surprised by the fact that mingyu was chosen to be their new heir as the former boss didn't have any children to gift the business to. and just like that, mingyu became the youngest businessman in history.