Chapter 4

Atalana continued helping the castle servants arrange the coronation for the new king over the next month. She tried talking to him multiple times but when ever she did it seemed like he was just really out of it. Obviously not happy that once he was to be coronated king, his best friend would leave him. He did have some other friends but none of them were like Atalanta. He has known her the longest and was closest to her.

Feeling like he had lost his entire world in less than two months, he could barely get out of bed in the morning. Only putting on a brave face for his people, but Atalanta could see right through him.

"Trollex..." she called out knocking on his door. "Can I come in?"

"Sure" a low voice said in return.

She slowly opened the door to see Trollex sitting at his desk writing his speech for his coronation. The techno trolls loved keeping their traditions with their coronations usually getting dressed in traditional garbs and throwing grand parties after. Today was a couple weeks before the party, Trollex was due for fitting for the outfits. Making sure they fit properly and they could be tailored if they didn't.

"Hi Trollex... it's time for your fitting..."

"Oh," he said lifting his head to look at her. "Guess I lost track of time didn't realize." Putting his papers away.

"Look Trollex I'm sorry..."

"Sorry? Sorry for what?"

"For leaving, I really shouldn't, I should stay and help you like a good friend..." Atalanta started to get a little emotional, because she feels that she is the reason he has been so sad lately.

"Oh no! Atty it's ok! It's your dream" he said swimming over to her, gently grabbing her shoulders. "Don't give that up because of me, I'll be waiting for you to get back, and I'll wait for as long as I need too."

She looked up at him and embraced him in a hug. Comforted by her friend, so kind and understanding.

"Well... we need to be going, we don't want to be late to the fitting. I'll never hear the end of it if we were late." Atalanta said pulling out of the hug.

"Oh right.." Trollex said laughing a bit nervously while rubbing the back of his head.

They swam to the large clothing room, where the royal family would get fitted for fancy parties, dressing Trollex in flowing fabric and glowing jewels making sure he would shine bright infront of everyone.

"You look amazing Trollex! Totally ready for the coronation!"

"What about you Atty? When is your fitting?"

"MY fitting? I'm not a part of the royal family though" she chuckled thinking that he was joking.

Though he looked at her completely serious tenderly grabbing her hand. She was not expecting that, she had some thoughts of being with him before but usually just let them pass because of their close friendship.

"I consider you close enough to at least do this."

She agreed and asked the designer to fit her right after Trollex was finished. He agreed adorning her with pearls and sheer fabrics, light weight enough to not drag them down in the water. And lastly tried to put the traditional beaded jewel crown on her head, she stopped him because that was only for the close family.

" I don't think that I should wear THAT, the dress is enough." She said with a nervous smile.

"Oh come on Atty..." Trollex softly said taking the crown from the designer. He swam behind her, placing the crown on her head. "I think you look great in it." They both looked in the mirror at Atalanta, a rosy glow appeared across her face. She looked like a queen, but it felt off, why was Trollex suddenly like this? He was always nice but not really like this, seeming to give off hints of something.

" You look absolutely STUNNING!" The designer said clasping his hands together "the crown certainly brings your whole outfit together your majesties!" He was always a cheery troll, loving his job.

"Oh! I'm not a majesty!" Atalanta shook her hands at the designer " I'm just a friend of his"

"Oh come on Atty you might as well be, you do so much around here! It's like your a queen!" Trollex said with a smile swimming to the other side of the room. The fitting was finally over and they only had a couple weeks left to prepare for the coronation. Trollex seemed to have gotten better, helping more around the castle with the planning. He even interacted more with the kingdom getting closer with his people.

Atalanta could tell that he would be great at being king, and he wouldn't need her help for much longer. So she planned on leaving only a few months after the coronation event.

Hopefully things go smoothly.