Chapter 3

The story will start when the heroine is 19 years old, in the year 19XX.

This body was currently 10 years old. Considering she knew the year was 19XX by asking her maid.

She still had 9 more years before everything starts. And the first thing she needed to do, gathered information.

Books will only do so much to a certain extent. So she needed a tutor as well. And most importantly, money.

Estorea didn't know what the parents of this body were like. With the original host behaviour. She narrowed it down to several options.

One, she was neglected by her parents and acted spoilt and mean to try to gain their attention.

Two, her parents doted and spoilt on her.

Three, parents neglected and use money as compensation.

And if it was option three, that would be great.

"I should go ask my personal maid. What was her name again..? Akira, right? Whatever. I need to know where my father is at the moment. He should be the master of this family. But first, let's go to the library. I should go ask another maid in case Akira works for my father and reports to him about my movements. It will definitely be weird if I just suddenly went to the library." Coming up with what she needed to do.

Estorea let out a satisfied huff and got up from the armchair. She opened the door and walk through the hallway, and immediately asked where the library was the first maid she saw.

_____

"Is this the library...?" Estorea mumbled as she stood in front of a huge, dark oak door with intricate designs carved into it.

Placing her hand on the door, she pushed it open.

And closed her eyes and coughed rapidly as dust swirled into the air, waving her arms to sweep away the dust away from her vigorously. Estorea opened one eye, which turned red and watery. "Ugh, how come the maids don't clean this place?"

After a while, Estorea stopped coughing and walk inside the library, her hand covering her mouth and nose to avoid inhaling any dust.

Checking the bookshelves, she could see every book having a thick coat of dust on it. She frowned, even she would never leave her books to just rot and collect dust like this.

Reluctantly, she used her hand to clean the dust off the spine of the book in order to get a good look at the title.

By the time she found the books she needed, her hands were completely dirty from all the dust.

"God, this is disgusting," Estorea muttered as she tugged the one book under her shoulder and hid two of them under her dress. "Let's quickly get out of this place and go to my room."

Proceeding to get out of the library, Estorea closed the door behind her gently and laid the books on the white marble coffee table.

The first book had a rose-coloured gold leather cover. The title of it was named, {The History of the Empire}

The second book was, {How to fit in high society}

And the third book was, {Positions Status}

Estorea pick up the first book and kept the other two. 'I should be done reading this in about an hour.'

The book only contained 200 pages after all.

...

Estorea placed down the last book. It has been several hours and it was already the evening. The only thing she found strange was that she never was called down for breakfast or lunch downstairs, but instead had her meals delivered to her room.

"It should be the same for dinner as well..." She mumbled.

Sighing, she got up and stretched, cracking her joints.

Opening the balcony door, she walked out to see the sun dipped below the horizon, the fleeting colours of dusk began to fade away slowly.

'That maid of mine is also nowhere to be found.' Estorea let out a sigh.

Her stomach grumbled, Estorea look down and patted her tummy. She frowned, "When on earth is my dinner going to arrive? Don't tell me I'm only supposed to get 2 meals a day?"

She then decided to flex her arms and decided to closer look at them. Her eyes narrowed, "This body..." She muttered.

It was malnutrition! Now that she took a look, she could see a faint outline of her bones. Moving her hands to her waist, she realised it was also quite bony and thin. Clearly not the physique a 10-year-old should have.

Well, this is gonna be troublesome.

'No wonder it took so much of my energy when I was carrying just 3 books from the library back to my room. Each of them only contained about 200 pages!'

Sighing, she rubbed her temples. Her stomach protested again loudly, grumbling.

"I don't have enough energy to go downstairs right now... I guess I should go sleep, that will help me preserve my energy." Walking back inside her room, she closed the balcony doors and made her way to the bathroom and wash up before putting on a sleeping gown and going to bed.