Chapter 4

.
.

_____

The dip pen nib hit the paper constantly, making a flurry of black ink dots. "What should I do first...?" Estorea muttered, being stuck in a dilemma.

As you know, she needed money. But at the same time, she also needed to find out to what extent her actions could go without the plot armour noticing her.

She knows she can't treat her maids without being rude and mean to them. It was typed in the novel that the original host did so.

But... What if she tried to speak to them when they were outside running errands. Plus, she wasn't restricted to going out whenever she want. I mean, come on, which author is going to have time to write whenever a side character went out and went in.

What Estorea had concluded, was that none of the actions she would do would be affected by the plot armour if they weren't written in the book. Simple as that! But she still hasn't tested out the theory... It's not like she could go outside without Akira noticing her.

An extra reason to add on, Estorea also needed to check out the environment. Since the book focused only on the male leads, the high society, heroine and rivals. There wasn't really much information on the town and kingdom and such.

From the books, she knew there was another residing kingdom right next to them that was much bigger and had amazing attack power. This kingdom she's living in has amazing defence power which is able to outdo the attack power of the neighbouring kingdom.

It should be the reason why this place hasn't been taken over yet despite the huge differences in size.

So at the moment, they probably should have a passive-aggressive contract that could break anytime.

Alright, enough of that. Let's focus on Akira.

In the novel, it was said that Estorea was only a bit nice to Akira. The author never did explain though. Perhaps maybe because Akira had been together with Estorea for much longer which made Estorea unconsciously depend on her?

Well, whatever.

She just needed to distract her for a good few hours. A small smile erupted from her lips.

'Isn't greed one of the most known human qualities...?'

....

"Akira!" Estorea called out in a sickly sweet voice. Immediately, as soon as her name left her lips.

A maid popped out from behind the door, Estorea smiled kindly.

She called out again with a closed-eye smile. "Akira! There you are!~"

The maid walk in with a smile, she titled her head slightly, "Yes, Young Miss?"

Estorea glided over to Akira and without words, shoved the jewellery she had chosen into her hands.

In an instant, Akira's eyes widened, and a glint of greed appeared in them.

However, she managed to conceal it. "Young Miss, why have you given this to me?"

Estorea smiled even wider and cupped her cheek, "Akira is always so good to me, that's why I think that you should go out and rest for a few hours! How about it?"

Akira shook from excitement hearing her words. Indeed, she did deserve a vacation for always working so hard to serve this demanding Young Miss of hers, and at the same time, report to her master about her daily movements.

It wouldn't hurt to just enjoy life a bit more a day... Right?

"Akira?" Estorea called out. Akira blinked and got back to her senses. "A-ah yes! My apologies, Young Miss. I have decided that I will take up on your offer!" She decided.

"Why, that's great! Well, hurry along now. You only have a day to enjoy yourself, so you better quickly go." Pushing her to the exit, Estorea successfully managed to convince and bribe Akira to go and enjoy a bit.

It seems like her 'Father' wasn't that good.

Considering it's the whole day that she will be gone, Estorea could plan out more things this time.

Sitting back down in her armchair, Estorea picked up the dip pen once again.

Now the second issue, is money. She needs money.

Like money urgent. Considering the treatment she had just realised yesterday on having a lack of nutrients, she was suspected that this so-called female animal who had created and held this body for 9 months had specifically not allowed her to eat three meals a day and only two for the sake of impressions.

She frowned.

Tap

Tap

Tap

A loud sigh could be heard as Estorea leaned back in her red armchair. "Now that I think about it. I never really saw them despite walking and exploring the house yesterday, now did I?"

Turning her head to look at the empty blue sky, "Could they be living in another mansion?" She mumbled to herself.

It was possible, she read about that before in novels.

"I shouldn't bother about that actually
For now, I need to make money. God, this isn't easy... I can't get a job, my disappearance will be weird. And starting a company and inventing isn't so easy and fun either... Another option is magic... But for all I know, this body could have a terrible magic aptitude."

An extra fact, the heroine was the only had the most perfect magic aptitude.

Though, that was only discovered later in the story when she accidentally touched a magic crystal measuring aptitude ball in the palace when she was cleaning the storage room. Why was such a valuable thing inside there, rotting?

No idea, the most possible answer is the plot.

Getting lost in her thoughts again, many ideas came up. One idea was to try her luck and go to the slums or orphanage and find a child that has a terrific magic aptitude, survival skills or fighting skills. Either of those three.

She didn't need them to swear loyalty to her, in fact, she- wait.

'Why don't I just sell my stuff? I'm sure I can find something in here that could be worth a decent amount of money. In fact, I should actually get rid of that personal maid of mine first. I need to frame her and get her kicked out... Then, I can just go to an orphanage and adopt a girl or a boy to be my new personal servant and I won't have to constantly worry about thinking that maid is a spy for my parents!' Grinning in delight as the new idea hit her head, she clapped her hands together. A triumphant look on her face.

'Genius! Why didn't I think of this? Well someone with a great intellect like me won't think of an idea that is so relatively simple... So of course someone like me won't think of something like this...'

Getting up, Estorea immediately went to her jewel box and picked out some jewels to sell. Of course, she didn't sell all. She may need some if she ever needs to go to social parties.

Estorea also went to her closet and pulled out some dresses that seemed too agonizing for her to wear. She then decided to cut the dress into pieces with a scissor she had found in her drawer, presumably, it may have been used to cut the host's hair.

But well, that's fine. Anything will do if it's sharp enough. So, Estorea began to skillfully cut the dress apart, and get the materials or available parts of the dress that could sell.

She only had today to do so after all.