Chapter 13

The carriage came to a stop, the driver hopped off his seat and came to open the door for Estorea.

Extending his hand, he offered a gracious smile as Estorea placed her hand in his, stepping down from the carriage.

She nodded at him, "Thank you."

He grin, "No problem, miss! I shall get going now!"

He then went back up onto the carriage, whipping the horse making it trot along as the carriage drove away.

Estorea wanted to get into the King's Study. She needs to, however, find the time where the butler would check the Financial and Army papers and matter which would be placed in the study. A very high chance at that.

Estorea had gotten all this information by placing a private request at the Adventurer's Guild.

She paid a hefty price for it, but it was worth it. With this information of knowing that the butler only goes to check on the government's matters every 3 days and that there is just two guards that is guarding the entrance to the study. She could save time by not needing to take note or observe anything without looking suspicious.

It could be fake, but she could just simply get the butler's routine in just a few days, but it's much more effective just buying it. After all, what did they have money for? It was from her savings anyways, so it's all good.

She didn't know how her request got fulfilled, but she didn't intend to find out. Ignorance is very much bliss.

Thinking of this, Estorea look up at the palace absentmindley. It was grand. It looked alright. She expected a palace from a romance, fantasy novel to look like the ones from Dizney.

She simply look back down and continued walking. Estorea was not confident that she could win the competition. So she only had a time limit of 10 days to get the information she needed.

Where the army trained and where it was located was heavily guarded, hardly anyone knew where it was.

As Magic has been recently discovered only a few centuries ago. Not many things has been known about it yet. Although it is constantly being researched on, theres only so far as a few enchantment and casting circles, added on with spells and the possibility of reducing the casting time or increasing the power of the magic or one's manner.

In fact, magic tools besides the mana measuring crystal ball don't even exist! This proved to be useful but not so much as it disadvantaged Estorea too. Forbidden, dangerous or illegal magic weren't even a thing yet!

Reading the books in her library, she had discovered the current types of spells that were known.

One of them was illusion magic. And if one's magic power was strong enough, they could cast one that would mess with someone's senses. And this type of magic power was rare. So Estorea suspected the one who could be hiding the army, was one of the male leads - Xeno Avraon.

From what the novel had described of his appearance like the crown prince, Xeno had messy raven black hair, dark chocolate brown eyes and very fair skin.

He always wore a smile on his face, seemingly giving off an aura of friendliness.

Only those who had witnessed his actions, know how truly terrifying he is...

______