chapter two

the first Saturday 

tsukishima didn't want to hang out one bit. he decided that he could just tell hinata to tell ukai they hung out, but he knew ukai would find out, especially with how stupid and clumsy hinata was. he would slip up immediately, tsukishima knew this for sure. this didnt stop him from thinking of plans and strategies to get by without the stupid punishment. they all concluded in failure. 

hinata on the other hand was busy planning what different things they do each weekend. he thought maybe he could get to understand tsukishima more and they would finally be able to get along. or maybe they could at least mutually ignore each other, instead of always being at eachothers throats. 

hinata checked his phone, remembering tsukishima telling him that he was going to text him about where and when theyre going to meet. saturday mornings at hinatas house were usually chaotic. his sister would be jumping around and forcing hinata to play silly games ranging from cards to volleyball with her. his mom would either be cooking, watching tv, or keeping a close eye on natsu. 

tsukishima- were going to the park closest to the school for an hour. at 10. 

hinata- okay!

hinata tried to stay high-spirited about this, but he could feel the dread coiling in his stomach just like tsukishima.  he hopped out of bed and went to the living area, where natsu was already annoying his mother about playing games. 

"calm down, natsu. wait for your brother while i make breakfast."

"but mooooommmmmm." hinata laughed at this, which brought both of the girls' attention to him.  

"shouyooouuuu!" natsu yelled and jumped on hinata. she was climbing up and down his back while he gave his mother a warm hug. 

"good morning both of you. howd you sleep?" natsu was now clinging to his waist with her face in his chest. 

"GOOD!" she jumped onto his head and he swung around before they both fell on the floor. they all shared a laugh. 

they all sat back and ate breakfast together, conversing about school, volleyball, and anything they could think of really. it was mostly natsu yelling about her shows and games, but the other two didnt mind that at all. 

"well, I'm going to go to the park mom. i have to hang out with tsukishima." hinatas mom frowned curiously at the unknown name.

"its my teammate from volleyball." he said, knowing that face. she had made it the first time he invited kageyama over for dinner. she nodded and picked up all the dishes from the table. 

"alright have fun!"

"NII-CHAN! you're leaving me!!!!?" natsu looked deeply offended, her eyes filling with small tears. 

"only for an hour. then ill come back and we could play until we die!" he yelled, knowing exactly what would  excite her and let him go. 

"hmmm... fine! bye bye nii-chan!" 

hinatas walk to the park was slow since he about 20 more minutes until meet up time. he thought about what they would do at the park. 

walk around? play on the swings? no tsuki would never do that. maybe tsuki was planning on kidnapping hinata and giving him to some sex traffickers for a lot of money. or even worse, hed do it for no money!

hinata shuddered at the thought and his face fell. a dark aura surrounded him as he continued to think of the horrible things tsukishima might do to him. before he knew it, he was at the park. his thoughts had been uncontrollable until he reached the familiar sight of the slide. it was his favorite slide, ever since he was  kid. he climbed up and slid down, a sense of familiarity flowing through him, allowing him to calm down. he sighed and placed his head between his knees. 

he thought about volleyball until he saw a pair of feet in front of him. his eyes widened and he lifted his head from his knees to make eye contact with the owner of said feet. 

there tsukishima stood, as tall as ever, looming over hinata. hinata immediately jumped back and shrieked. 

"TSUKISHIMA!" he took a couple deep breaths in attempt to calm himself. 

"what shrimp? i haven't done anything. stop being dumb." tsukishima was already annoyed that he had to spend time with hinata and just hearing hinatas annoying and squeaky voice made it ten times worse. 

"tsukishima you're so mean!"

"i don't care. lets walk around and get this over with." tsukishima said as he started walking towards the path that goes throughout the whole park. he didnt bother to check if hinata was behind him as he plugged his earbud back in his ear, attempting to enjoy the stroll. hinata walked after tsukki, his legs stretching a bit farther than normal with every step. 

"hey! you should talk to me know? this is for us to be getting along. don't you think its about time we were able to talk to each other without getting into an argument?" hinata tried to reason, not wanting to waste his time. truth is, something about tsukishima always interested hinata. he was just so mean all the time, but hinata could tell he cared about the people around him deeply. it was weird to hinata.

tsukishima kept walking and hinata grumbled at the thought of being ignored. 

he reached over and yanked tsukishimas earbid out of his ear. tsukishima was a bit surprised by this as his face fell in shock and annoyance. 

"what the hell? what do you want shrimp?" hinata glared up at tsukishima. 

"stop being so rude all the time!" hinata truly sounded like he was done with tuskishimas shit, which, once again, surprised tsukishima. 

"no." he said and tried to put his earbud back in, only for it to get yanked by hinata again. 

"yes. we have to get along. I'm willing to try so why arent you? do you hate talking to me that much?" hinatas voice sounded desperate. he wanted to make everyone around him happy, so knowing that his mere existence annoyed tsukishima bothered him in the corners of his soul.

"look, shrimp." tsukishima pushed hinata away slightly, grabbing the earbud out of the small boys hand. hinata looked up slightly, waiting for what tsukishima was going to say. 

"i dont care. i dont want to be your friend. the only reason we have to get along for is for volleyball. lets just agree to stop talking to each other, so the problem is solved. i dont talk to you, you dont talk to me, and theres no more arguments. deal?" tsukishima didnt give hinata time to answer, immediately placing his earbud back in his ear and attemtping to continued a nice stroll. hinata pushed tsukishima and tsuki stumbled forward a bit. 

"what the hell shrimp?! stop picking fights. just stop talking to me." 

"but we have to get along tsukishima. can you stop being jealous of me for three seconds and at least try to have a normal conversation!?" hinata yelled out, his face burning with fury.

"jealous of you?! are you fucking delusional?!"tsukishima was furious now, as his usual calm and snarly demeanor was torn down.

 "yeah jealous! you're jealous because i actually succeed at volleyball, while you just sit on your butt."

tsukishima chuckled and rolled his eyes, a silent way of collecting himself. he placed his earbud in his ear as he watched hinata huff, tears welling in his eyes. 

sensitive shrimp. dumbass.

"no thanks. ill just sit on my ass." tsukishima said and with a single last smirk, continued his stroll. hinata grumbled and ran out of the park, getting on the path to his house. 

mean tsukishima. doesn't care about anyone. just himself. him him him him. always him. i just wanted to get along!