1) Anthony

Anthony slowly raised his rifle as he and his crew entered the enemy ship. He quickly turned to his right to ensure the corridor was empty. It was pitch black with the only light coming from the flashlight on his gun and helmet. "Clear right," he announced. "Clear left," Barney said shortly after. The team's captain, Ryan, slowly passed in front of Anthony, his magnetic boots clanging against the metal ship floor with each step he took. His steps echoed off the walls of the ship, filling the eerie silence. "Watch your step," he advised. "The command center is this way. Follow me."

Anthony followed behind Captain Ryan and Barney as they cautiously moved through the ship's corridor. They reached the door leading to the command center without encountering any members of the ship's crew. Anthony knew it meant they had to be prepared for them to be holed up in the command center.

Captain Ryan turned to Barney and gestured towards the door. Barney nodded then pulled out a large square breaching charge. He placed it on the center of the door and armed it by clicking a round black button at the charge's center. The charged beeped before launching four concussion grenades into the room. Anthony turned away as the charge entered its second and final phase: detonation. With a loud boom, the charge blew the door open. Captain Ryan quickly entered the room with Barney and Anthony following behind him.

The command center was small, similar to the ones Anthony had grown accustomed to with the United States Space Force. Upon entering the room was the Captain's Bridge, which had a small set of stairs on each side leading to the lower level. There were two crewmen who were dead on the railing as a result of them being too close to the blast. There were low groans from other crewmen who were laying on the floor as they tried to cope with the disorientation from the concussion grenade. Before they could recover, Anthony and the others raised their weapons and shot them. They then descended down the steps where there were a total of four chairs, two on each side of the room, with monitors in front of them. In the center of the room was a moderately sized round table displaying a digital map.

Anthony checked each person he walked over, kicking some in order to make sure they were dead. "Clear," he announced. Captain Ryan nodded and proceeded to one of the monitors. He took out a small chip and inserted it into the computer. He then began to quickly press keys on the keyboard. Barney looked around the room then at Anthony skeptically. "What is it?" Anthony asked. "There's only a crew of nine here?" he asked skeptically. "This is a corvette ship. I don't think this could be all of them."

"Where do you think they could be?" Captain Ryan asked, still focused on the computer. "Perhaps another-"

The captain's suggestion was cut short as a bullet shot through his skull. His body then slowly fell lifelessly onto the ground. "Doorway!" Barney shouted as he rushed to take cover. Bullets flew through the room causing sparks to fly as they destroyed the monitors and computers. Anthony gripped his rifle and ducked behind the round table. He slowly raised his head and saw a total of four men shooting at them from the Captain's Bridge. "I count four!" He shouted to Barney. He leaned to his left and saw he had a clear on one of them. He quickly aimed his gun and fired three shots, two of them hitting the man in his chest. The man stumbled backwards then fell to the floor. "How much do you see on your side?" Anthony asked Barney. He turned to look at him and saw his limp body staring blankly at him.

Anthony's heart started to beat against his chest as beads of sweat started to develop on his forehead. He knew he would die alongside his crewmates, but he did not want to go down without a fight. He gripped his weapon tightly and rose from cover, pushing every ounce of fear behind him. He aimed his gun at two soldiers approaching on his left then a bright white light blinded him.

"Simulation complete," a computerized voice announced.

Anthony squinted as the virtual reality helmet was lifted off of him. He was in what looked to be a briefing room. There was a large flatscreen monitor in front of him with chairs being scattered all across the room. Anthony slowly got out of his chair with a low groan. He then remembered that he came into this room to undergo his evaluation. Being in a simulation would sometimes impair people's memory for a short moment, leaving them dazed. But Anthony was already starting to feel better. "It was a decent performance, mate," a man with an Australian accent said from behind him. "You won't believe how many people choose to put a bullet in their brain during that last segment. But you fought to the end. That's what we're lookin' for in the UNSF."