Chapter 9- Cursed

"We lost him!" Tubbo cried, as the four frantically looked around the large cavern. It was so hard to see in it that they even lost Tommy and the wither. Wilbur gritted his teeth, marching forwards.
        "No we fucking haven't. I refuse to let that little shit die." He hissed.
         "Let's split up into two groups, I'll go with Wilbur and you and Techno go together." Phil suggested. "Let's go to the right Will." He grabbed his arm and pulled him to the right. The fish man nodded, with sheer determination set on his face. They would definitely find Tommy, no matter what.

       "Well, let's go left I guess." Techno muttered, Tubbo following closely behind. The tunnel to the left was much more narrow, with weird indents in it. Tubbo touched one softly,
       "Maybe the wither made these." He suggested, Techno grunted in response. His shoulders tense and hoofs clutching his diamond sword. "Tommy's fine, right?" Tubbo asked. The pig sighed, stopping to turn to him.
       "Of course. He's Tommy Innt after all." He reassured, even if he wasn't so sure himself.

       The two continued down the long tunnel, before a sound echoed throughout the cave. Was that a... Groan?
       "That's the wither!" Techno exclaimed. The two picked up their pace and raced down the tunnel, to find just that.

       There was Tommy, sprawled across the ground. Patches of his skin pitch black and eyes a pure white as he lay there, looking to be dead. The wither turned to him, Tubbo staring in horror at Tommy's body.
       "You bitch." Techno hissed. He lunged at the wither, not even bothering to fight from far away. "YOU FUCKING BITCH!" The pig screamed with more rage and emotion than Tubbo had ever seen. He dodged the withers attack and cut off one of it's heads. It screeched in pain, sounding like multiple screams layered on one another.

      Tubbo raced forwards to Tommy, picking up his limp body.
      "GO! TAKE HIM OUT OF HERE." Techno yelled, slicing off the other head. It slamming into the ground with a loud boom.
      "But-"
      "GO!" Tubbo nodded, racing down the tunnel, leaving Techno behind.

      Tears streamed down his face as he ran, hoofs clacking against the stone floor. He sniffed, lifting a hand to wipe his nose. Tubbo looked down at Tommy, him completely limp in his arms. The once rambunctious and loud demon now more quiet then ever.

      He bumped into someone, looking up to see Wilbur and Phil.
      "Tubbo, where's-" Wilbur stopped, seeing Tommy in his arms. His eyes widening.
       "We found- um, Tommy dead! Technos fighting the wither and I don't know what to do, what do I do Will!" Tubbo cried. Phil surged forwards, putting a hand to his neck. He frowned,
       "He's not dead, just in a coma." Tubbo sighed in relief, handing him to Wilbur. "Listen, I'm sure he'll be fine-"
       "Will he Phil? Will he really?" Wilbur snapped. Tubbo wiped away his tears and snot on his face, but it just kept on running down as he sniffled.
       "Yes, I'm sure there is a way to get him out of this coma." Phil explained, gesturing to the unconscious demon.
        "I shouldn't have let him be bait for the godamn wither! This is my fault-"
        "Now you listen hear Will!" Phil stopped him, voice raised as he poked his chest. "It is not anyone fault you hear me? He wanted to do this, there was nothing you could have done to change this. Even if I went, the same thing would have happened but with me. You understand?" Wilbur hesitated, glancing at Tommy. Before nodding. "Good, now let's go get Techno and get out of here."

      "Oh hey, that nerds dead." Techno stated, his sword covered in some black soot. He held up a nether star and handed it to Phil. "Is Tommy okay?" Phil nodded. The pig sighed, "thank God. I was going ham on that dude."

      Wilbur gently laid Tommy in his bed, tucking him in. His gaze lingered on him, frowning.
       "You better wake up." Will ordered, but it sounded more like a plea.

      "So, what now?" Wilbur asked, sitting down with them. Phil was inspecting the nether star, turning it around in his hand.
       "Clearly someone spawned that thing for this." Phil stated, setting it down onto the table. The star shone brightly, it almost looked like a real star.
       "And failed miserably. What losers." Techno added, cleaning his sword of the soot that covered it. Tubbo nodded, staring at the table.
        "You okay there Tubbo?" Phil asked, he has been awfully quite. He sighed,
        "I mean, yeah. I'm just kinda down, because Tommy and all... I mean, how did he get cursed? Demons don't get cursed!" Tubbo exclaimed, laying his head down onto the table, defeated. Wilbur shrugged,
        "Why did Tommy get cursed, who  needs the nether star and why? Two questions that we can't answer. Dammit." The entire house seemed down.
        "Well, at least Tommy's okay." Phil added, hoping it would cheer everyone up. it didn't. He sighed, "I'm going for a walk." Phil stood up and went out. Something he tended to do whenever he was either down or stressed.
         "God I don't blame him." Techno muttered, finishing cleaning the soot from the sword. The diamond now shining brightly.