Chapter 11- Filler

"Hey Phil, you got a moment?" He looked up to see Wilbur, sitting down next to him in the grass.

       Currently, the group had been traveling for almost a week. With nothing of interest happening. Sure, an animal would hop by or maybe a river that Will wanted to jump into. Otherwise, pretty calm. They haven't even had a run in with that 'Dream team.' Which they had now called the three.

       "Yeah. I'm just chilling." Which was true of course. Techno and Tommy had already retired and went off to bed. Phil just wanted to watch the stars and just think for a bit.
       "Do you mind if I tell you something?" He broke his gaze from the stars, looking at him. The flames form the fire giving an orange glow on his face.
       "I mean, sure." He said nervously. Was it bad news? Some deep dark secret? Or was he just overthinking it?
       "So... Um, I have worked at the experimentation center. That you were kept at." Phil raised his eyebrows. He found that hard to believe. Will was the only person of the group who was upset about him killing someone, how would he be able to work there and watch the horrific stuff done to the people there? "I know. I did quit shortly after, when I saw some of the stuff they did."

       "But what I'm trying to get at here, is I understand what happened to you, and why you want to get out of this country. But I feel like you'd want to know why this place exist, right?" That was true. He kinda just assumed the place was some torture center.
       "I mean, yeah. So, go on."
        "Ok, well, it'll be a story so relax."

        "The experimentation center, or, the experimentation of odd creatures is it's the name. They basically do just that, experiment on odd creatures, including people. I honestly have no clue as to how they got you, but I do know that they have been doing some sketchy stuff. Like there would be machines that were very complex that I had no idea what they were. I mean it had its own room so it must have been important."

       "They keep the test subjects in certain rooms grouped together, basically in groups. With the more dangerous subjects separated and treated more harshly to 'get them in line.' most the time once they are done, they release you and your free. But, if the subject is treated to the more harsher experiments, like body altering they aren't released. It's pretty bad, people come up with questions, we pick someone and experiment. I have no clue how this is legal." Wilbur finished, letting out a tired huff.

       "Well, guess that makes more sense." Phil said, looking back at the stars.
        "Yeah... So, I'm sorry if this is like a sensitive topic... But, what did they even do to you? Because I don't really see any of the effects physically." He gestured to his body. Phil sighed, and pulled down his collar of his robe to reveal his neck.

       The skin around it was a different color than his other skin, it having many scars and stitches.
       "Trust me Will, they're all over. But I just kinda hide them most the time." He softly touched his neck, "it brings back bad memories."
       "In sorry, I was just curious is all." Phil chuckled,
       "It's fine, how about we go to sleep, it's getting late." He stood up, walking over to his tent. "Thanks for telling me about the lab, goodnight."
        "Goodnight."

      "And that is the human subject. We found him in a completely different world. One which was connected to ours. Though it is quite aggressive." He looked at the human, inspecting it. It sat in the empty white room, eyes dull and sitting with knees up to its chest in the cornor.
       "Have you found anything on it?" He asked. They nodded,
       "Yes. Humans have no wings or anything. But are quite creative and smart. It has escaped mutipule times, along with killing a few of our subjects." He hummed, watching as it locked it's gaze with him. "I'll show an example." They pressed the mic button, leaning forwards to the mic.

       "Hello Phil. Tell me, how would you defeat a wither?" The human slowly turned it's head to the speaker.
       "T-trap it... In the bedrock at the.... End portal. Easy...." It muttered, tired stops at each word. They tsked,
       "No Phil. How do you defeat it without the trap?" It flinched.
       "Umm, you... Uhh...." It paused, seeming to blank out. "I-i can't remember, sorry. Please don't hurt me. I just forgot. I swear the bedrock trap works the best!" It cried, clutching it's bucket hat that sat upon its head. They frowned, looking at him.
       "That was a bad example. Usually it can answer the questions. Guess a good shock will help it." They pressed a button with a lightning strike on it. He watch at the creature contorted in pain, body spasming as it wriggled on the floor. Soon, the shock stopped, it went still, chest heaving. "Let's try again."

       "Phil, answer correctly this time. How do you defeat the wither?" It hesitated before answering.
       "Y-you spawn it, it in a n-narrow cave. Sssshot from afar. M-milk." It muttered, before passing out. They smiled,
       "There you go, "

       "Warning, warning. Subject breach, running down west hallway. Highly dangerous." He stopped, wait, he was at the west hallway. The red lights blared as the message repeated over and over.

      He glanced down the hall to see the human subject running down. Three people chasing after it. He frowned. The human  almost made it, before he stepped infront of it, it running into him and collasping. The human instantly was out like a light, it's bucket hat floating down back to its head.
       "Thanks Bad! Didn't know you were there." He looked up to see Dream waving at him. Sapnap and George quickly handcuffed the human, hauling him up.
       "Poor thing. This is like the 3rd escape attempt this month." Bad said, looking at it with sympathy.
       "Oh come on. It kills the subjects, more like poor us for having to chase it down." George muttered.
       "Wait Bad, is that a resignation paper?" Sapnap piped up. He smiled,
       "Yeah, I'm not a fan of this job. Sorry." He laid the paper down on the table and swiftly signed his name. "I mean, don't you ever feel bad for the subjects?" He glanced at the human, who hung limply from Sapnaps arms. Dream shrugged,
        "Yeah, but not for this thing." George and Sapnap nodded. Bad sighed,
       "I guess ...."