Ch.18

(EMMA'S POV)

The familiar beeping of my ringtone filled my room, notifying me that I had a text message. I didn't hesitate to pick it up, having a hunch of who it could be.

hey babe! just going to an interview now, call you before you go to bed. I love you! Harry x

I smiled as I placed my phone down. It had been a week since Harry had left, and things were not as bad as I had expected them to be. Sure, I got lonely, and I didn't have him next to me, but I had talked to him on the phone and texted him nonstop. It wasn't great, but I was managing. 

The first few days, I had tried going on walks by myself, but it just wasn't the same without Harry. So for now, I was stuck in the hospital with not a lot to do. I didn't have to take any more medication for a few more hours, so I was free to do whatever I wanted. The only thing I wanted to do was see Harry, but I couldn't do that, so I decided on something that would just have to make do.

I opened my laptop and began to type "Harry Styles" into the search engine, intending to watch the video diaries or old X Factor interviews, but one of the suggestions caught my eye.

"Harry Styles and Quinn McPhee"

Quinn McPhee was a Hollywood starlet that had it all- looks, guys, and plenty of money. She had been in a few of chick flicks and was known for dating more men than she could handle.

Out of curiosity, I clicked it, and hundreds of articles popped up, so I randomly chose one and began to read it.

"Harry Styles, the British cutie in the world famous boy band One Direction, has recently been seen with actress Quinn McPhee. Although Styles was seen with his girlfriend at the Music Awards not too long ago, we can't help but suspect a blooming romance between these two. An insider of McPhee claimed that her and Styles have been hanging out ever since the band arrived in America. We think that curly-haired Styles and gorgeous brunette McPhee would make a fabulous A-List couple."

My mouth was completely dry when I finished the article. Was this true? Was Harry cheating on me? 

Surely it was just a rumor, right? Harry wouldn't do that to me, I knew him. Despite wanting to believe that he was faithful, I couldn't hold back my urge of clicking on another article.

"Quinn McPhee and Harry Styles were spotted having a romantic candlelit dinner last night before heading back to Styles' hotel. Has the British boy band member found a new fling already?"

After reading the article, I used the last of the energy I had to scroll down, and when I did, the last of my trust in Harry quickly disintegrated. A huge picture filled the screen and made my body writhe with sadness… anger. There sat the fabulous Quinn McPhee- the girl I used to idolize in my early teens years- sitting across from Harry himself. It looked like the perfect date scene, there was candles, spaghetti, and dim lighting. I took a good look at the gorgeous girl, and couldn't help but be filled with jealously. Her low-cut dress showed an eyeful of cleavage, something my B-cup boobs would never be able to pull off. Her skin was glowing- literally. I glanced at the mirror on the opposite wall and when I saw my reflection, I felt as if someone punched me in the throat. My bald head, dull skin, and hallow cheeks was nothing compared to Quinn's flawless complexion, curvy physique, and shiny brown hair. There was no competition between us- she was so much more beautiful. I didn't blame Harry for dating her, she was perfect, but it hurt that he led me on, lied to me, and forgot about me.