Chapter 5

Before lunch, Chloe had convinced Marinette to sit with Jon and his best friend. She didn't really think who his best friend was, so she agreed to it. She didn't think that they would be worse than Wayne.

So she spent the last period happy, because she would have somewhere to sit at lunch instead of it being awkward.

When the bell rang and it was time for lunch, Marinette was glad to get a break from Wayne. She thought anything would be better than having to be around him.

Her and Chloe went to their lockers to get their lunches and head to the cafeteria. When they arrived, they looked all around until she spotted Jon. At his table, she spotted the back of a head. That head looked familiar.

When they got to the table, the head that she thought was familiar turned around. When she saw his face, she turned around to go find somewhere else to sit. Chloe grabbed the girl's hand and forced her to sit down next to her.

-------------

Jon had told Damian that two more people were sitting with them at lunch. Damian was annoyed that he would have to interact with people. So he would decide to ignore them.

When lunch finally came, they went to their table, with their lunches, and waited for the people that Jon said would join to come to the table.

Damian was about to start when he saw Jon motioning someone to come over to them. Curiosity got the best of him and he turned around. He saw the one person he despised. She turned around to find somewhere else to sit, like she should, but Chloe grabbed her hand and made her come over to where he was. What was going on inside their friends' heads?"

-----------

When Marinette and Chloe sat down, the two glared at each other. Damian turned to Jon for an explanation. "Kent, what is this harlot doing at our table?"

"It takes one to know one." Marinette said before Jon could answer.

Just as the two were about to get angry at each other, their best friends slapped the back of their heads.

"This is why we sit at this table. Heaven knows what you two would have done on the opposite side of the cafeteria. Plus, you don't have anywhere else to sit. I know you're too awkward to ask anyone and you just don't like people in general." Chloe explained.

Marinette huffed at her friend's knowledge, while Damian rolled his eyes at it. That still didn't stop the two from glaring at each other.

Throughout the rest of lunch, they would talk to the other two, but didn't talk to each other. Just glared. Well they did get slapped across the head three more times before they stopped.

This goes on throughout the week. Along with competing in everything. To get the better grades, to be better at their extracurricular activities, the one spar that happened before their friends broke it up before it actually got good, and the insults.

The only day everything changed was when they had physical education on Friday.

----------------

On Friday, the tension was high in the gym. Damian knew that Dupain-Cheng Stone and Bourgeois must have had some training, meaning they could actually give Damian a run for his money. And on that day especially.

That day, they were playing dodgeball. Damian is the undefeated champion and he wasn't willing to change it.

They were choosing captains, and they had chosen Marinette and Damian. So that was a bad idea.