Chapter 6

Marinette spent her week off of school going shopping with Chloe and spending time with Nino and his family. One of them was by force and the other was because of an akuma attack. She was so happy that Nino was coming to live with them in a week and go to school with them. And instead of Wayne giving him the tour, her and Chloe were going to do it. Marinette was so happy that Nino could finally escape the toxic environment that is named Paris.

Chloe spent about five hours for four of the days they were out, each day, going shopping. Even though they barely got anything each time, Marinette had to admit that the things that they did get were cute.

Her last three days were spent relaxing and talking to her friends that were still in Paris. She got to do some commissions for her Uncle Jagged and her Cousin Clara. Her mood on Sunday was ruined when she realized she would have to go to school the next day.

She frowned at the thought. She would have to deal with the torture that is Wayne. She would rather spend her time back in Paris than go back to school with him. Even if everyone treated her like she was a bully, it would still be better than spending her time with him. But she had to deal with it. She couldn't take all the looks she got from everyone all the time. She would have a breakdown whenever her parents looked disappointed in her.

She shook her head at her thoughts and went back to doing the commission she was working on. She would not let him have her thoughts all on her day off. She needed to relax before seeing him again.

----------

Since Damian didn't like social interaction, especially now since Dupain-Cheng Stone came to their school, he was happy that he wouldn't have to interact with people. Even if he still had to deal with the imbeciles that are his siblings and Jon's surprise visits to the manor, it was still better than going to school.

Jon came and stayed over for most of their break since he was bored at home. He forced Damian to stop training and got him to go out for some fresh air. He only agreed because he got to take Titus with him.

Not that Damian would admit, he had a good time on the walk. He enjoyed watching Titus get excited, even if he didn't show it. It was days like this that he was happy that he got Titus. He was really happy that he didn't run into Dupain-Cheng Stone again at the park.

On the Sunday before school, he let most of his anger out about going to school out on his training. He had to be around people. His siblings were annoying enough, but more people just got on his nerves. The only good thing about all of this was that he heard that there was going to be another French student, but he didn't have to give them a tour around the school. That was someone else's problem, and by that, he meant either Bourgeois or Dupain-Cheng Stone's problem.

------------

On Monday, Marinette and Damian didn't even spare a glance at each other. And if they did, it was a glare. There were no arguments like some hoped there would be, and no Chloe and Jon slapping them on the back of their heads, much to their relief.

Well that moment ended when the homeroom teacher had to make an announcement.

"Okay students, next week we are going to do a project with three people. And, no you can not pick your partners. I have already chosen them for you." After the teacher said that, the room was filled with groans. Some teachers are the worst at assigning partners.

"You can start the project next week at the latest and this week if you want to go ahead and do it early. So the groups are..." Marinette drowned her out. She was only going to listen for hers and Chloe's name.