Chapter 12

Months passed after that day. Everyone knew that the two were dating, just not how. They just thought that it was some enemies to lovers type of stuff, so they left it be. So those next few months were the best at Gotham Academy, even if there wasn't any huge drama like the hatred those two used to have.

The three Pariasians spent more time at the Wayne Manor and helped them with patrols when they felt like it. Emma eventually found out everyone's secret, seeing as she knew her boyfriend's voice anywhere, and could tell by the way the heroes acted that they were her friends.

-------

The Wayne gala was coming up in a week. Marinette had already made everyone's outfits, and had just finished her own. She knew that Gabriel, Lila, and Adrien were going to go there. As much as she wanted them to take back their invitations, he couldn't do it without a reason.

So, whenever someone brought up the topic about the gala, she would either change the topic or leave the room.

All she knew is that she wasn't ready for that night.

-------

It was finally the night for the gala. The decorations were incredible, in Marinette's opinion. (We don't do details since we can't describe them.) Upon stepping into the room, with Damian on her side, she could feel everyone's eyes on them. She wasn't surprised. The two were practically famous there.

When walking into the building, there were reporters asking her and Damian questions left and right. She was used to this, so she just didn't answer or get overwhelmed by all the questions they were asking.

When they finally got away from the reporters, they had found Damian's family and their friends. They went over to greet them. After about ten minutes, Marinette caught Chloe and Nino staring at someone. When she looked over there, she thought one thing.

'Oh No!' They apparently saw her, one waved, and they started going over there.

--------

In Paris:

Adrien had asked Lila to go with him to the Wayne gala in the middle of class where the whole class could hear. She said yes, hoping that she would see her childhood friend and former crush.

"Who is that girl?" Her 'best friend' asked.

"It's only Damian Wayne, or as I like to call him, my Damiboo." Lila responded. She then got asked to tell stories about him, which she did. Adrien just sighed.

'If I just take the high road, the class will figure it out eventually. Everything will be fine.' Adrien kept telling himself that, everytime Lila lied about something. He couldn't do what Marinette and Chloe did and just expose her. She would get akumatized, and the girl is very sensitive. She is always a powerful akuma. As much as he hated Ladybug, he didn't want the city to be jeopardized because he wanted to expose her lies. So he did what he always did. He waited.

-----------

They were leaving Paris and going to Gotham. They both knew that Marinette was in Gotham. Lila was planning to make a fool out of the girl and embarrass and ruin her life further there than in Paris. That way she will have nowhere to run, since everything there makes international news. Adrien was just thinking how he should approach her and ask her out. And how to get Nino back on board so that he could get him to come back to Paris, and convince him to convince his parents to stay in Paris. They were both so lost in their thoughts, that when they arrived, they didn't see Chloe nor Nino pass them when they left the airport.

---------

The day of the gala arrived. Adrien knew that Lila would bring an orange dress, so he had worn an orange tie. He went to Lila's room to pick her up, and he had to say, she looked cute. Her hair wasn't in her normal sausages, it was in an elegant bun. (Still, we don't describe clothes.)