☽ Chapter IV ☾

The moon was high in the sky, shining pale and extremely round. The hot summer air tinted Amalthea's cheeks with pink when she lit purple wax candles, the small flames resembling red fireflies in the night. Blue, white, and yellow flowers covered the clearing floor, along with the green of the damp grass.

She was within the figure formed by the candles: a full moon flanked by two half-moons; a waxing crescent and a waning crescent

Her place was inside the half-moon on the left, while Kreacher's place was on the right, each with a bowl of crystal water in front of them. In the center of the full moon drawn on the floor, a silver bowl was also there, this one full of red blood instead of water.

"You don't have to stay, Kreacher." The woman whispered in a low voice, but Kreacher was still able to hear her in the silence of the night.

"Kreacher will stay. Kreacher will follow his Mistress wherever she goes." Said the old house-elf, with a strong nod that made his big ears dangle.

"Very well then."

The woman knelt and placed her hands on the ground, feeling the fresh grass on her skin and burying her fingers in the earth. On the other side, Kreacher did the same. They both let their magic extend, letting it slide from their hands to the ground and listening to it crackle with vividness.

She took a deep breath, thinking about what it would mean for her and her own. If it didn't work, she assumed there would be no harm, would visit new countries and cultures. She would go to Portugal, Brazil, Canada, and so many others places as she always imagined doing.

If it worked, she would have a new start and a new adventure, along with Kreacher. However, she would have to abandon her friends and loved ones without the certainty of returning.

Before she could regretted it - she wasted too much time and energy to regret it now - she spoke, pronouncing each word slowly and correctly, in a tone that conveyed confidence, even if she didn't feel so very courageous...

"Tonight I invoke the Element of Earth, I call for the protectors of the forests and the recipients of peace, Earth hear my call. I invoke the Element of Air, the protectors of the mind and the world, bearers of the history of life, Air hear my call. I invoke the Element of Fire, I call for the hot warriors and the protectors of the faith, Fire hear my words. And finally, I invoke the Element of Water, I call on the muses of emotions and the purifiers of the flesh and soul, Water hear my call. Forces of Nature, tonight I invoke you!"

An earthy smell filled the air as Amalthea spoke these words in a strong voice and with her green eyes hidden by closed eyelids. The forest around her whispered as if it were alive and had heard her, the ground beneath her vibrated and trembled as if thousands of feet hit it at that moment. The hot summer air had now been replaced by a cool breeze, a gust swirled over and over, carrying green leaves and freshly plucked petals, white, blue and yellow, in a hurricane of color around them.

The flames of the candles suddenly grew in size, bringing scorching heat with them in the form of dancers in yellow, orange, and red dresses, which swirled and swayed the red-hot bodies in the darkness of the night. The firelight created strange shadows in each corner, tall and small, thin, and wide shadows. Between the leaves of the trees, tiny drops of rainfall, quickly turning into a sudden rain. Amalthea smiled as she felt it, the drops of water running down her face like cold tears.

She laughs relieved, with a feeling of euphoria moving through every piece of her body and every inch of her skin. Amid the high whistle of the wind, Amalthea continued as her magic simmered along with the different magic of Kreacher, the elf...