☽ Chapter VIII ☾

The rest of the meal was spent slowly and in a heavy climate. The only sound that sometimes broke the uncomfortable silence was the clink of silverware hitting the plates, the sound of life outside, and small conversations between the occupants. The older members of the Stark family and the Greyjoy boy had extremely tight bodies of tension, and the food now tasted bitter and seemed to be hard to swallow.

The younger children didn't seem to understand what had happened, they only knew that Theon and Lady Peverell had had a little conversation, or perhaps a disagreement and that for some reason their parents seemed angry.

The truth is that Theon disrespected a guest, a noble lady, and friend of the wolf family and, as such, all the wrong acts committed by him were also committed by the Starks, since he was protected from Winterfell. While some found Amalthea's words somewhat pretentious or out of order, they had no intention of offending the last Peverell and dishonoring their own family. This was the case of the matriarch, who was Southern style and that was what she wanted to teach her daughters to be as well - kind, quiet, supportive and obedient to their parents and their future husbands - and not the ideas that the other girl seemed to have to determine what it was like to be a woman.

However, Catelyn couldn't deny that some things that Thea had said was true: such as the evil in the hearts of certain men who saw women as a means to an end.

With everything in mind, Theon remained as still as a mouse, sulking in his place beside the other two boys who didn't speak to him during the rest of the meal. Knowing that he would later be greatly reprimanded for his actions, he didn't say another word and continued to eat the eggs that for the first time in his life they tasted bitterly, with fury in his eyes. Lord Stark was a man who did not tolerate any dishonorable act, whether that act was against a mere farmer or a well-born Lady, and his wards behavior would not go unpunished.

Kadeem kept silent once more, with mixed feelings... he was angry at the disrespect that, that human (Thea didn't like him to yield to the prejudiced teachings of the Black family and offend muggles, even if they sometimes deserved it) showed to his lady... and at the same time, he was extremely proud of Sirius' goddaughter and the way she was not silenced. Kreacher was sure that his beloved master Regulus would have liked to have met Amalthea Potter.

In fact, Thea herself was in no way bothered during the rest of the meal. In fact, she was quite satisfied. She knew that she had said too much after her little speech, and she also knew that in that world and time women's rights was not something that was addressed, maybe she shouldn't have said anything... But that presumptuous boy was quick to get her blood, boiling it seemed to bubble up like rivers of lava running through her body and filling her with fury. Seeing the arrogant smile fall from his was the best part of that morning, and the contentment would follow her for the rest of the day. However, Thea was aware that she would have to be careful with what she said, and with the tone she spoke.

She was a strong and independent woman, knowledgeable in the magic arts, a fighter, and a justice... But even so, she was a woman in a world of men, and if there was one thing that men feared it was a woman they couldn't control. For now, Amalthea would try to keep a low profile - if that were even possible since her name was already in every mouth in every corner of Winterfell.

Finally, after breakfast was over, Lord Stark suggested, for some reason, that his heir would show his guests around Winterfell. Why his son and not another servant they didn't know, but perhaps Eddard thought that the winter land should be presented by a Stark.

"As I said earlier, you will always have a place here and you will be able to stay for as long as necessary. As such, it will be wise for you to visit my home, my Lady. Robb will take care of your guided tour." These were his words.