[52] The Hidden Villain

"This was not the idea I had. . . " Claire muttered, a trace of pink warming her cheeks.

The wind blew her hair as the scenery of the forest passed below them. Cradled in Alicia's arms, Claire squirmed

"Can't you just turn into a big bat and let me ride you?"

The vampire looked down at her, golden hair flying with the wind, then shook her head, bat wings flapping at her back.

"No."

"Drats!"

Her original idea was to follow Alice with ice below her feet but the vampire shook her head and said she was faster. Her next idea, this one, was to ride a gigantic bat, but the vampire shook her head once more. In the end, Claire sighed and relented to the princess carry of her partner as the world blurred around them.

"Are you blushing?" Alicia asked, a hint of a smirk on her lips.

"I'm not blushing." Claire denied. 'Sometimes, she's cute, other times, she's teasing.'

The vampire chuckled.

"We're here."

"Finally."

The world suddenly regained focus as Alicia shuddered to a stop. Then, swoosh, the wings folded and the two girls dropped from the sky.

Finally, flap, the wings spread, sending air flying as they came to a new stop. Alicia's foot touched the grass first and Claire quickly descended after.

Patting down her skirt, she looked forward to see a group staring at them both.

"Welcome back, Princess," Via grinned.

Claire frowned for a moment, then straightened herself.

"It's good to be back, Bunny."

"Why you—."

The ponytail having military woman butted in. "Where's the kid?"

At that moment, Claire watched as Alicia tilted her head, looked around, and finally realized she hadn't even bothered about the kid. It would seem Claire had taken up her attention.

The Ice Queen faced the group and shrugged.

"The wielder of the space seed came, took him with his permission, and disappeared." She said.

"Wow, just like that?" Via asked.

"Just like that."

A cough broke the conversation and they turned to Albert Stref.

"Firstly, welcome back," He said. "Lastly, although we might have lost another member, we found both the mana well and the beast right beside each other."

He pointed.

Claire squinted to a clearing within the forest which looked like the optimal place for a boss battle.

The first thing she spotted was a circular hole in the ground that flowed blue and flustered with a liquid that flowed like water. She could feel, however, that it was made of pure mana.

Besides that thing was a beast. If she could describe it simply, it was a massive, house-sized, wolf with silver fur that sparkled with flames. It currently growled in their direction, daring them to try anything.

Claire stared into its crimson eyes with her own.

"Is it okay if us two take care of it?" She asked, ready to get this dungeon thing over with.

"Huh. . .if you want to?" Albert replied.

She nodded and stepped forward.

"Alice, let's kill it, fast."