17

{cw! slightly more adult themes? there's not much detail but just proceed with caution!}

MARCH 2018

Elle thinks that the days suck a little bit more, now that she doesn't have shows to go to every other night.

They've been a nice distraction from being in her home town, where way too many memories seem to be flooding back.

For the past few days, she's felt on edge, like every corner she turns, she'll find her ex-boyfriend stood there.

And, of course, her visit back here ended up falling around the time of his birthday.

Elle thinks her subconscious must hate her, since it's been filling her dreams with Alex, and the last birthday she spent with him; though, now looking back on it, she knows she should have seen how wrong things were.

"Happy birthday," she'd rolled over in bed, her eyes meeting Alex's as he started to wake up.

"Thanks," he smiled, as he lifted his hand to rest on Elle's upper thigh. "I'm glad you decided to stay over."

She only hummed in response, and he pulled her hips closer to his, with a smile playing on his lips.

"You're finally twenty, huh?" Elle attempted to distract from his roaming hands.

"Mhm," he leaned in to kiss her, before swiftly moving his mouth down to her neck.

Elle had let him go on for a little longer; she knew she wasn't in the mood for anything, but it's his birthday, she thought.

Plus, she knew that if she told him that she wasn't in the mood, he would get frustrated, so she didn't object to he's doing, trying to hold off an argument.

Soon enough though, Elle felt like it was getting a little too much, so she glanced over his shoulder to see the time.

"Hey, we should probably get up," she gave Alex a weak smile, shuffling herself backwards.

Alex groaned, and the sound vibrated against Elle's skin, as he pulled away, not giving her a second look. He threw the covers off of himself and made his way into the bathroom, without another word.

The absence of his figure next to Elle, made her feel cold, and caused her to shiver.

She felt a tightened in her chest as she got up and found her clothes.

Alex's mood shifted so quickly, as it usually did when she denied him sex. She never understood what she did so wrong, which meant that sometimes she wouldn't even bother telling him no, because it would always go one of two ways; he would get angry, most likely storming out shortly after, or he would take his time convincing her to change her mind.

Before Elle had gotten much more time to think on it, Alex returned, with a blank expression.

"I'm going out for the day, with friends," he announced, casually.

"Oh, okay," Elle replied, quietly. She felt that she didn't have a right to feel betrayed by it in any way, since they hadn't officially made any plans for the day, but it still hurt her. "I'll get going then," she nodded, quickly sensing that her presence wasn't wanted any longer.