[Chapter 35] "*Crack*"

Previously:

Hey, I'm not a heartless bastard even though I almost killed him. *Grumble*, Man, I really need to get something to eat.

I eventually find a cave and bring us both inside. I grabbed some sticks on the way, so a little bit of fire breath can make a nice little campfire.

Starting the fire, I go out and get a couple of dead animals that happened to be collateral in our fight. I start to cook the animals when I see Daisuke's eyes slowly open.

(Charlie) - "So, you're finally awake..."

(End)

__________________________________________________

*Charlie P.O.V.*

Seeing Daisuke wake up, I hand him an uncooked dead rabbit. He looks at it weirdly and gives me a look that is practically saying 'wtf, bro.'

Hey, don't judge me. The guy's still an asshole!

(Daisuke) - "Am I dreaming, or does Charloser have wings behind him?"

(Charlie) - "I save you, and the first thing you do is call me Charloser!?"

(Daisuke) - "Aren't you supposed to be dead?"

(Charlie) - "What are you talking abo--"

Then it hits me that Hikari threw my 'old' body out of the cave.

(Charlie) - "Did you find my body with a broken knee perchance?"

(Daisuke) - "Yeah...what the hell is going on?"

(Charlie) - "It's a long story, but in short, I met some dragons, you were a dumbass who accepted a demon contract, and I beat it out of you. Anyway, we should get moving because I doubt that you want to be here with me any more than I want to be here with you."

I eventually hand him edible food and pick him up by the shirt with one hand. Man, I couldn't even dream of being this strong at home.

As I carry Daisuke like a piece of luggage with him throwing some 'mild' complaints, I decide to walk to avoid a repeat of my previous accident. When walking, I sense a bunch of people hurdled up, closing in towards our location.

(????) - "I think I heard it over here. It must be a strong monster to create all of those craters we saw."

Shit, we didn't move fast enough. How did they get so many people to come out here? Oh crap, I think he sees me.

(???? #2) - "I see something! It's a monster!"

Yep, he sees me.

(???? #2) - "Hey, everyone, over here! He's got a young boy with him!"

Now that I think about it, me dragging him when he looks injured with wings on my back really makes me look like a monster holding a hostage.

Before he can scream anything else, I drop Daisuke and appear behind the man to neck chop him like they do in anime.

*chop*

*snap*

Oh shit...

(????) - "Oh no, he's killed, Joel!"

I pick up Daisuke and book it through the crowds of people.

(Charlie) - "They make it look so easy in anime! How can everyone be neck chopped and be fine!?"

Running towards the people, I jump and use a so-called double jump using my wings. If I can't fly, I'll have to improvise. With that, I am past the people and just running for my life while people shoot spells at me.