23. What is your problem!

"I have a marker!" I shouted as I sat down on the bench in the locker room. Picking up my bottle in frustration and swallowed it all down.

"I know Wilder," The coach sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose. 

"She could have broken my leg," I complained out of breath, reviewing number four, throwing that awful tackle that could have hit me in the ankle if I hadn't jumped. That girl has been around me the entire time, putting me of play. I have barely been able to contribute anything. 

"It's a smart tactic but a nightmare to get out of. You need to be more creative," Warren said as Lynda gave me a sorry smile. 

"How can I be creative when she is twice the size I am and keeps on pushing and pulling when the referee is not looking," I explained. 

"Maybe she has a crush on you," Lynda winked. 

"Go away," I pushed her by the shoulder in annoyance. 

"We can always switch positions, but I bet they would do the same," Coach looks thoughtful. 

"We keep trying, and we have another half to play. Maybe you will be lucky and get her off you eventually," She informed, and I nodded. 

"Try and counter-attack more often; it seems efficient to such a defensive team, so drink up and get back to work," She said.

As time went by, we went back onto the pitch, but as the cold has decided to take a break, the rain has started to fall, drenching my kit before the game has started even. 

"C-cold," Lynda shook as she tried to warm her hands. Positioning myself next to the ball, I gaze around on the bleachers hoping I would see Nico somewhere, but I can never find her. Maybe she isn't here since we decided to be apart a bit more now. I can't say I like it, but I would do it to protect what we have.

The whistle went off before I was ready, but I took my time and kicked the ball to Anna. I watch them pass around in the back as I went to the sideline and wait patiently. 

Number four found her way back to me, following each move I make. I grit my teeth as I went down the line but felt a light push on my back. Ignoring it, I keep moving around to trick her a little here and there. 

I got the ball in my feet, finally, but as I turned, number four kicked it away from my feet and out the line. As I let out a loud breath, the girl grinned at me. 

"I told you she had a crush on you," Lynda teased as she went past me.

"Shut up," I said but ran towards Lucy and demanded her to throw the ball to my feet. I got it and turned, seeing number four coming my way. I slipped around her and ran as if life depended on it. The closer I got to the goal, the more players went for me. I passed the ball, but I felt a big pull on my shirt right after. 

"What is your problem!" I shouted at the girl as I went towards her and pushed her by the shoulders. She stumbled backward but remained standing with a grin all over her face. The referee kept blowing the whistle to make us stop. 

"She pulled my shirt," I complained to the guy.

"I didn't see it," Was his sorry excuse, and let the game continue. Taking a minute to catch my breath and calm my nerves, I went back down the line. But as time went by and nothing happening in front of the goal, I needed to do something.

"Sally!" I shouted, and she looked at me. I indicated that we need to switch sides, and she agreed. Now on the right-wing, Lynda passed me the ball, and I ran up the side, kicked the ball into the goal, area and watched Abby head the ball into the goal. I breathed out in relief as it had finally gone in.