Chapter 8

'OMG, that's amazing. It looks amazing on you. Breathtaking.' Jennifer was a handful really but I saw her as my friend now. She helped me through the days I had to stay in bed and sat with me watching movies, talking about everything, and pranking the guys sometimes.

This dress looked okay I thought to myself while looking in the mirror from the department store. I did not like shopping and going to a mall is not on my favorite things to do list at all but I will do it for Jennifer. FOR ONCE.

'I love it. Can we go now?'

'I knew it you don't like it you just want to go.' she said sadly.

'No, I really love it but I like navy blue better on me.' Gary and Daniel, two warriors were with us. We had to practically beg Nate and Collin to go shopping. Until I was really sick of it and just got into the car with Jennifer and drove off. That was my kind of style. Gary and Daniel came after us and said we had permission. You have to be a little smart right?

'Here try this.' It was beautiful on the hanger at least! A long navy blue dress. Simple with an off-the-shoulder top and a slit going up until my knees. I put it on and Jennifer was shocked.

'Damnn girl are you sure you are Skylar?' She asked me. I laughed at her and looked in the mirror.

 'Hahahaha very funny.' She slapped my shoulder lightly. 'We have a dress now.' I said excitedly.

She smirked. 'I knew you would love it.'

'Only for you' I said. We paid and walked towards Gary and Daniel on a bench. 'We are finito' I said with an Italian accent.

They looked up 'Really are you dono.' Gary responded back with an Italian accent.
'I am hungry are you hungry for Pizza.' I said to him with my accent.
'Are we Italian all of the sudden?' I laughed at Daniel.

'He does not get it' I said.
'You know some people are like that.' We looked at Daniel up and down.

'What!' Daniel said irritated and annoyed.

'Come on let's get pizza I am hungry!' I said with a very excited voice. I was hungry we have been in that one store for almost 1,5 hours.

'You guys go, I am not that hungry. I am going to pick up the dress we saw in the other store.' Jennifer said.

'Okay see you, be careful!' Jennifer walked off and we walked to the pizza place.
Jennifer took a long. She was already gone for 45 minutes. Picking up a dress does not take that long 'Guys I am going to check on Jen. I will be right back, you finish up.' I stood up from the table.

'Okay will do so. We will meet you at the cars.' Gary said as I walked away.
'Okay see you later guys.' I waved goodbye and went to find Jen. I went by the store and no Jennifer. I asked one of the workers. They saw a girl meeting her description walking away with two guys. They were going to the parking lot? It clicked, I don't think they were from our pack! I sprinted for the exit. Going past people in the mall. Through the exit to the parking lot. No Jennifer. I looked around. Where could she be? I heard a fainted scream. Jennifer! I ran towards the source to find Jennifer pinned down to the wall, two rogues bothering her.

'You don't have anything better to do.' I said in an angry voice.

'Get lost there is nothing to see here human.' He said. He turned his attention to Jennifer and with his lips closing in on her ear he whispered something to her.

'I am sorry, but this is my business. You are harassing my friend.' He turned to look at me.
'You must be Nate's mate Luna.' He said in a mocking tone. How did he know was the only question going on in my mind.

'Yess, I am.' When I said that their attention turned towards me. 1 guy coming towards me and the other one holding Jennifer against the wall.

'It's nice to bring Bastian a gift.' They joked with each other and exchanged glances. I was fuming. I charged towards 1 guy. I had a silver knife in my booth. Never can be to careful. He didn't expect this at all. I was human after all. I felt the knife going through his heart. Nice. He clawed at me. It hurt for a second. I looked down at my sleeves. They were a mess with holes and tears all the way up to my neckline. But the rogue was now lifeless on the ground.

'Let her go' I said with authority in my voice to the other rogue.

''Get out of my territory.'' I was dripping blood on the ground it must be a deep cut. Adrenaline was kicking in and I didn't feel a thing.

''Sky, watch out your bleeding.'' I could not hear what she said I saw red. I charged towards the other one. His eyes held fear. Fear for me, fear what was going to happen to him. Fear for his life. He charged giving me a hit on the cheek. I was on the ground. He came on top of me. I punched where the sun doesn't shine. Rolling over and standing up really quickly and kicking him in the process to the ground. He kneeled on the ground when I stuck the silver knife through his back into this heart.

Jennifer looked at me in shock, fear, and admiration. I ran to her.

''are you okay?' I asked concerned

''Yeah thank you, Sky.'' She was shaking. Really shaking. She had some marks on her cheek. She was covered in blood when we parted from the hug I gave her a reassuring smile.

''Mind link the boys okay'' She was covered in my blood. The guys came running I could hear them. They were quick to scan the scene.

''Are you okay Luna, Beta'' When they saw the blood I saw anger came into their eyes. Looking towards the rogues and the silver knife. I took the knife from the rogues back. Cleaned it and put it in my booth. Jennifer went into a state of shock. 

''Luna are you okay your arm.'' Gary said, Jennifer began to cry. ''It's okay,'' I told him. Gary got the car and we raced back. Blood was filling the air in the car. Jennifer was crying in my chest.

''It's going to be okay,'' I said to her. Comforting her into my chest. We car came to stop. I opened the door. Blood dripping from the car onto the floor. Nate came running towards me. He was shocked. He was sad that I was hurt and worried. His eyes said it all in one look. I felt a little unsure of what to say. So I didn't say anything. He hugged me and did not say a thing too. He looked at me seeing my arm and the blood on my clothing and on Jennifer's shirt. He could smell it was mine. In bridal style, he swooped me up, and together with Collin carrying Jennifer we went to the pack doctor.

Nate laid me on the bed at the hospital ever taking his eyes off me. Jennifer was in a bed next to me. 

'Thank you, Sky.' She said when she holds my hand in hers. 'Thank you.'

Collin looked up at me. I think Jennifer is mind linked them to what happened. The doctor came in and requested Nate to wait in the hallway together with Collin and Jennifer. She was okay now. The touch of her mate calmed her down.

The doctor stitched me up and in came Nate as a first.

'Are you crazy you could have been seriously injured?' He looked at me worriedly. Jennifer told them. Collin looked at Jennifer and then at me. Nate holds my hand and sat next to me in the chair. 'Please don't do something like that again I can't lose you. I will not lose you. I was so scared.' I teared up. A tear coming from his face when he kissed my hand and then my forehead.

'Thank you, Luna, for saving my mate I own you my life.' Collin said while he stared at me. 

'I would do it all over again if I knew Jennifer will be okay. She is my pack member after all.' Collin smiled and nodded at me leaving the room with Jennifer. Heer head looking down knowing that she brought the Luna in danger.

I looked at Nate and wiped his tears away with my dumb. 'Don't cry, I am okay.' I smiled and was welcomed with his million-dollar smile.

'Ohh and while you were on your shopping trip Alpha Stephan called. He wanted to come over tomorrow and see you. Plus we prepared a thank-you dinner in your and the Silver moons honor.'

 'Really?' I told him. Finally, I get to see Stephan and Becky again it was so long ago when I saw them last. 

He kissed me and kissed him back with passion. I needed him. He cupped my face and said. 'I love you.' with his million-dollar smile.