Chapter 12: The Battle

Skylar's POV
I was proud of myself. A journey from start to finish a new chapter has started. I looked at Nate feeling my life was going to change for the better. I loved him. I wanted to scream it from the rooftops. He was my everything. I looked around me werewolves, humans, hunters, and rogues. We are all alike. Nate looked at me and I smiled back. Forgetting where we were and where we are going.

Until........

A gunshot was heard. I felt extreme pain in my chest. I heard Bastian laughing. I looked around he was smirking from ear to ear. He had a gun pointing in my direction. Smoke came from the gun going into the air and becoming mist. 

A face I could not describe. The face of a true man who has nothing left to lose. I turned to look at Nate. He had an expression of shock and worry. A tear ran down his cheek. He was about to cry. He began to hug me closer. Looking into my eyes. The pain was the only thing I could think of. I heard Collin, Gillian, and many more people yelling around me, only I didn't understand any of it. There was a ringing in my ear. I could see my friends running towards Bastian and killing him. My attention went to Nate. He was worried. I could see it, feel it. I felt his tears falling on my face. 

I fell to the ground not being able to support myself anymore. The pain grew worse. I wish it would stop. I heard voices around me, noises that went into the distance. I could hear almost nothing. My vision began to blurry. The pain I felt slowly lifting. I was at the end. I thought to myself. My life went flashing by. Happy moment engulfed me. Moments of sadness my parents, my aunt, and uncle came and went. Learning moments of my pain. I realized something at that moment.

Revenge is what got me here, love is what freed me. But it was not enough I thought. This is what it feels like. I took one look around. Faces turning into shadows from my past, present, and future. It went dark. The only thing I felt, before slipping away was sparks, warmth, and my name being called in the distance.

The only thought on my mind was; 'I will be joining you, my love Melanie.'