2-reggie you're a great friend

"This looks great dad

"This looks great dad." I say looking at the taco's he made. My dad is suprisingly a pretty good chef.

"Thanks honey. " My dad answers while serving himself some beans. Somethings up though. My dad only calls for "family dinners" when he has something to tell me. Plus he made taco's. Taco's are my favorite.

"Dad, is there something you need to tell me?" Dad looks up at me mid bite and gives me a nervous smile.

"Well actually there is. I'm going on a business trip." I stop mid bite.

"Again? Dad really? For how long?"

"For a month-or two." I drop my fork.

"A month or two?! Dad! When do you leave?"

"Next week." Really? Where am I going to go?

"And you are choosing to tell me this now?" I say harshly. Ever since mom died he's been throwing himself into his work. He even volunteers to go on long business trips.

"Yes. I only found out yesterday. You can stay at the house to sleep, but you will spend most of your time with the Molina's." He replies. Hey, at least I don't have to stay with Uncle Jeff again. His house smells like feet.

"Okay fine." I say. I quite honestly love the Molina's. My dad smiles at me like everything is going to be okay. But it's not. I am beyond upset.

"Dad, don't think i'm not upset. We haven't been even close to being a family since mom left." He bangs his hand on the table getting my attention.

"She didn't leave. She died. She was killed." He says through his teeth.

"Thanks dad you really know how to make me feel better." He rolls his eyes at me.

"Don't talk to me like that young lady!" He says getting angrier.

"Dad! Is this what mom would've wanted?" I ask. His eyes soften.

"Sorry." He mutters.

All of a sudden I hear the sound of a certain boy band walking right through my door.

"AH!" I yelp in surprise. The boys immediately skid to a stop. What are they doing here?

"You okay honey?" My dad asks worriedly. I'm going to kill them.

"Yeah! I just remembered I forgot to get salsa!" I say quickly. My dad looks confused, especially since we were just arguing a second ago. I quickly walk toward the kitchen to get more salsa.

"Woah. That was intense." Reggie says earning a smack on the arm by Alex.

"Hey, Kendall. Remember when you said we could come over if we need anything?" Luke asks. As he's talking he gets really close to me. It's kinda creepy actually. I guess that's just the way he talks to people?