Enter the Rock Trolls

Metra watched, with Betty on her wrist, as her father played. By now she had cheered up and was yelling with the crowd. Even though she couldn't hear the crowd or the music, Betty glowed the beat of the music. Suddenly Metra saw a ship coming towards them. Her father saw as well and swam out with Beat to see who it was. Metra and Betty beat him to it. They saw Queen Barb first.

Metra had been taught by her parents about the other tribes. These were Rock Trolls. Her father and Beat swam up. After some introductions, Barb said she wanted their string. Oh boy, Metra thought. Personally, she didn't see how a string controlled anybody's music. They didn't even use string instruments that much here. Her father, of course, refused. Then Barb made fun of their music. Metra got very angry.

"You guys should talk. You guys play rock-abyes, baby."

Barb stared at Metra. Trollex reached for his daughter but she looked the rock Queen in the eyes.

"Techno Twerp." Barb said.

"Whining rocker." Metra responded. It was a good thing she could read lips.

Barb focused back on her dad. Suddenly, her and her Trolls started playing.

Metra was amazed. She couldn't hear the music, but she saw it ripple in the water. It was awesome. Their music did that too sometimes too but...not like this. When the stage and heart rock broke, Metra simply whistled. Barb looked at her in surprise. Her own father had gotten shaky but this little Techno Troll seemed to enjoy watching the show.

"Sick." Barb said.

Metra knew, as a future leader, she could show no fear. Of course she was upset, but no one had been hurt. Of course she was scared of what Barb would do. But Metra knew she had to act like Barb was just a child throwing snowballs. Sadly, to save their tribe, her father had to hand over their string.

The Techno Trolls were getting round up. Trollex tried to keep families together, not letting Beat, Metra, and Betty out of his sight. Metra kept trying to stick it to their kidnappers. As the royal family was being loaded on the Rock Troll ship, two guards grabbed Metra and Betty.

"No!" Trollex cried. "That's my daughter! Betty! Metra!"

Metra and Betty fought, but it was hopeless.

"Be brave dad!" Metra said perkily as Metra and Betty were dragged away.