ep. 7 ~ aguments and inclusion

~~~
Kiara had to admit that perhaps her idea of a kegger as a way to lay low and blend in hadn't exactly gone well, maybe it hadn't even been a good one from the beginning.

But at least it wasn't her fault. No, it was JJ's and she hadn't spoken to JJ since the previous night as a consequence of his actions. Of course JJ was a little put out by this, but he didn't regret what he did. It helped two of his friends - John B and Luna B.

What had both disappointed and, vaguely, shocked Kiara though was Luna's sudden outburst towards Sarah. One second she'd been on the way to stop John B from being drowned and the next she was punching Sarah.

Now Kiara hadn't been able to hear exactly what Sarah had said, but she could have had a pretty good guess. So she was probably more angry towards the kook girl that she was towards Luna, but what's new there?

And Luna herself? Well the night was mostly a blur of emotions to her, the vision part was pretty patchy. Almost as though she'd been drunk - although that was impossible. But she was aware of a cut off point, a point where it all just stopped.

Though she couldn't place why just yet, soon enough she'd find out that it was because of just how hard Kelce had hit her temple and her temper would be tested all over again.

~~~

Sunlight streamed painfully in through the window, does that always happen in the morning? Apparently so.

Rubbing at my eyes I realise just how much the left side of my head hurts and quickly retract my hand with a hiss. Poking around a second later I realise that the pain's expanding from the centre of my temple and that there must be some form of bruising there. Ouch.

A hand covers mine and lowers it from my face, accompanied by a deep morning voice mumbling "I wouldn't do that, it'll only hurt more."

A strangled yelp escapes from me as I spin to face the other side of the bed.

"Fuck JJ, what are you doing in my bed?" I all but shout at him in shock.

"Well, technically it's John B's bed." He shrugs, dropping my hand and sitting up.

He runs a hand through his tousled hair and I can't deny how hot he is right in this moment. No. I shake the thought from my head as quickly as it came.

As best as I can without sitting up, out of fear of hurting my head even more, I look around the room and realise he's right. The lack of art and words and books, and the addition of piles of clothes and timber walls confirm his statement.

"Point still stands." I huff, sitting up more abruptly that I'd meant to.

JJ's hand goes to the small of my back, instantly supporting me, but he still raises an eyebrow at me in amusement.

"Point being, why are you in the same bed as me?" I clarify with a glare for good measure.

He just shrugs, "didn't want to go home, had to carry you in here and John B took the couch."

"Why not just take the second bedroom, like you did the last night I was here?"

"Because that's his dad's room... it'd be weird. Wait, you thought I slept in there?" JJ splutters, looking genuinely quite shocked at my suggestion.

"I mean... yeah... why? Where did you sleep?"

"In here, with John B." He shrugs, pulling his hand slowly away from me, like I might topple over without his support there, as he stands.