Prolouge 01

I opened my eyes only to be greeted by a pale face.

"Ah... hello there! I'm glad you woke up. I was worried that you were dead," The pale face boy chuckled.

"Where..... Am I?" I whispered as I took a look around my surroundings. I was in a tropical island.

Wait...

Tropical... Island....?

I looked at the stranger before me for some kind of explanation.

"So you finally noticed... Unfortunately I don't understand why we're here as well..." The boy ran his fingers through his white locks causing my heart to skip a beat.

Skip... a... beat...?

I slightly widened my eyes in shock as I felt my heart skip a beat at the stranger's gesture.

"Did I.... feel something just now...?" I thought as I continued to observe the stranger.

The stranger noticed that I was staring and stared back. An awkward silence devoured the both of us while we continued to stare into each other's eyes.

"Ah! How rude of me to not introduce myself... I'm Nagito Komaeda, the Ultimate Lucky Student," The silence was ruined by Nagito speaking up.

"Lucky student... huh...." I thought as I put on one of my "signature smiles" and stood up from the sandy ground.

"Nice to meet you, Nagito! I'm Y/n L/n, the Ultimate Sunshine!" I exclaimed in a cheery voice.

"Sunshine... huh...." Nagito mumbled as he put his hand to his chin as if he was thinking.

After what seemed like forever, I spoke up.

"Hey hey, Nagito?" I tilted my head to my side with my hands clasped behind my back.

"Yes?"

"Wanna go exploring together?" I put on a closed eye smile.

"So far so good," I thought as I opened my eyes to look at Nagito who was thinking again.

"I don't know why you would like to explore with someone like me, but sure. I don't mind," Nagito let out a soft smile making my heart beat against my chest.

There it is again...

Is... something wrong with me?

"Great!" I shouted in glee as I took hold of Nagito's hand and dragged him towards the other people I spotted.

His hands....

They're..... warm.