Chapter Two 09

I went up to my podium as Monokuma began talking.

"Now then, let's begin with a simple explanation of the class trial!" Monokuma cheered, "During the class trial you will present your arguments for who you think the blackened is, and vote for whodunnit" He began to explain.

"If you vote correctly, then only the blackened will receive punishment... But if you pick the wrong person~" He sang, "I'll punish everyone besides the blackened and that person will earn the right to leave this island!"

"O-O-Oh... No matter how many times I hear it, it's such a cruel rule!" Monomi, who was dangling from the ceiling, shouted in protest.

"Now then, let's first discuss the motive! That masterpiece of gaming: Twilight Syndrome Murder Case!" I rolled my eyes.

"Whaaat? Who cares about that game?!" Ibuki grunted in frustration.

"The outcome of this trial should be determined by whether or not we find Mahiru's killer..." Gundham argued.

"Nevertheless, we shouldn't ignore it. After all, that game is the motive this time," Nagito tried to reason.

"I agree!" I raised my hand in agreement.

"Okay... If you say so..." Ibuki sighed in defeat.

"Yeah... You're right... Then let's discuss that first..." Chiaki trailed off.

***

The trial ended with Peko Pekoyama, the Ultimate Swordswoman, being declared as the blackened.

"Ahem! Although there were some twists and turns along the way, the one who killed Mahiru Koizumi is...." Monokuma began.

"H-Hold on a sec!" Hajime exclaimed.

"Okay, I'll wait. So sorry... I'm just hesitating..!" Monokuma laughed.

"Th-There's no need to hesitate! No matter how you look at it, Peko's the killer!" Kazuichi reasoned.

"Why..?" Peko asked, her voice colder than usual.

" 'Wh-Why..?' " Kazuchi quoted, "Well, that's obvious! You're not a tool! You're a friggin' human being!" Kazuchi pointed his finger at Peko and argued.

"If I'm human, then I'm not a tool. If that's what you're saying... Then you're wrong," Peko stated.

T-Tool...?

"Because... You just don't know," Peko continued, "You just don't know that there are people who only exist to be tools. People such as myself,"

"W-Well... If you would explain it to us then maybe we'll understand...?" I nervously smiled at Peko.

"I would much prefer it if young master were to explain my situation," The silver-haired girl looked at the suit wearing blonde.

"What does she mean, Fuyuhiko?" Chiaki looked at the yakuza.

"Peko... and I... We... We grew up together..." Fuyuhiko struggled to get the words out of his mouth.

"Are you two... Childhood friends then?" Sonia asked.

"No... It's completely different than that," Peko denied.

lovesick || nagito x readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara