Epilouge 03

I ran and ran until I felt the stone floor turn into sandy mass.

Please let him be here!

I ran along the shore in search of a certain luckster.

"NAGITO!" I called out as I saw Nagito sitting under an oddly familiar palm tree.

"Huh?" Nagito turned to my direction. I smiled in relief and tackled him into a hug.

Thud

The sound of our bodies colliding with the sand echoed throughout the entire beach.

"Y-Y/n! You're awake!" Nagito's mouth hang wide open in shock as I let go of the hug.

I smiled, "Yup!"

"I'm... glad..." Nagito avoided my gaze with a frown.

"Is something wrong...?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"N-No... nothing's wrong..." I frowned at his statement.

"Clearly there's something wrong! You're frowning!" I grabbed his face with my hands and contorted his face into a smile, "You should be happy! Everyone's alive! You're alive!"

"I-I know that... It's just that... I'm sorry..."

"You're sorry...? Why..?"

"For everything... I'm sorry that I'm the reason you killed yourself in the Neo World Program... I'm sorry that I'm the reason you turned out like... this..." He gestured to my hand, "I'm sorry for not saying goodbye... I'm sorry for making you sad... I'm so–" I cut him off by placing my index finger on his lips.

"Shh... I-It's okay... You're not to blame... Most of what you apologized for are my own decisions... You shouldn't apologize for something that you can't control," I gave him a smile.

"B-But I tainted you..! I tainted your shining hope with my pitiful despair...! I–" I cut him off by placing my lips onto mine.

I closed my eyes, not wanting to look at Nagito's shocked expression. I smiled as I felt him kiss back. The kiss lasted for a while before we pulled away.

"Listen..." I reached my hand out to caress his cheek, "It's okay... There's no need to apologize... We're both to blame here... So, let's just work together to be the best possible versions of ourselves, alright?" My lips curled up into a toothy-grin.

"Y/n..." Nagito breathed out before embracing me.

"N-Nagi!" My face lit up at his unexpected action.

"Thank you, Y/n... I love you..."

"I... love you too..." I wrapped my arms around him, returning the hug.

"Promise me you'll never leave me?"

"I promise."

–end

bonus :0

"Hey, isn't this where we first met at the Neo World Program?" I looked up at Nagito and gestured to the beach.

"Now that you mention it... It is..."

"Man, we've come a long way..." I chuckled as I recalled our days spent inside and outside the Neo World Program.

"And we'll continue on our journey for forever..." Nagito breathed out.

"Our journey to what exactly?"

"Our journey to create a happy and hopeful life together!"

"T-Together?!" My face lit up at his words.

"Huh? Is there something wrong..?"

"N-No! N-Nothing's wrong! You just s-surprised me!"

"I see... then–"

"Hey, you guys!" Our moment was cut of by the rest of the gang arriving at the beach.

"Everyone!" I smiled and ran up to them with Nagito by my side.

"We came to tell you both that we're leaving," Hajime stated.

"Leaving? To where...?"

"To the Future Foundation Headquarters."

"F-Future Foundation Headquarters?! R-Right now?! But what about my arm?!" I grabbed 'my' left arm with my right.

"We'll have Kazuichi replace it with a mechanical one on the way there."

"O-Oh... I see..." I nodded in understanding.

"Well then, shall we go?" Nagito turned to me and held out his mechanical hand for me to take.

"S-Sure!" I nodded and took ahold of his outstretched hand.

"To Future Foundation Headquarters!" Ibuki cheered.

"To Future Foundation Headquarters!" I echoed making Nagito giggle at my antics.

I wonder what we have in store for us once we arrive there...