16 : 気晴らしKibarashi

Naruto, as usual, had no idea what the hell happened. The only thing he was told by Tsunade was that he should be with Sakura for emotional support.

But then again, why was there a sudden need? He asked Tsunade who replied, "Don't ask me too much questions, child! Just do as I say!"

Naruto had tried to ask Kakashi about it, but the older male had recently been pretty distant. He was NEVER around these days. Naruto huffed out in annoyance after the 5th time of visiting Kakashi's residence for that day to find the house empty; again. He head over to the next person who might have an answer to his curiosities; Sai.

"Oh, hello there Dickless." Sai mused as Naruto approached him at the grocery store near his place.

Naruto frowned at the dreaded nickname but made no attempt to scold the stoic shinobi. He merely nodded and walked over to the ink artist. "Sai, you got a minute?"

Sai, who was wearing his civilian clothes and carrying a big paper bag of groceries, nodded and gestured Naruto to walk next to him. Naruto walked along begrudgingly as he kicked a pebble that was on the ground.

"You seem gloomier than me today, what's the matter?" Sai asked, his usual placid smile plastered across his face.

"Baa-Chan asked me to give Sakura-Chan plural support.." Naruto started.

"Plural support? You mean moral support?" Sai questioned the loud blonde.

"Who is telling the story here?!" Naruto fumed.

Sai rolled his eyes and listened on.

"As I was SAYING, I was supposed to give her my undying support. But she refused to tell me WHY. I mean it's been TWO years since Sasuke decided to cheat on her with whoever the hell her name was, I kept forgetting it.." Naruto explained before Sai intercepted.

"Uzumaki Karin. Her name is Uzumaki Karin, she LITERALLY has the same surname as you, dickless. How CAN you forget it?"

"Sai. Is THAT even important?" Naruto exclaimed as the stoic shinobi shrugged. "I have been trying to ask Kakashi-Sensei for answers, but the stupid porn-lover is not around. I asked Asuma-Sensei if he was out on a mission but the guy insisted that Kakashi was MOPING around at home. Sai, I visited Sensei's house FIVE FREAKING TIMES and no one answered. So screw that, my question is, why do you think Sakura needs support, NOW? Is she going through a relapse or something? She seems fine for the past year." Naruto asked Sai.

Sai quietly climbed up the stairs to his apartment with Naruto in tow, "Have you asked Sakura?"

Naruto rubbed the nape of his neck before Sai handed Naruto his grocery bag to unlock his door.

"Not really.. that's the other thing. I can't give her support if she doesn't want it. She doesn't want to talk about it. Every single time I asked, she will shoo me away like I am some contagious disease. What do I do, Sai?" Naruto asked glumly.

"Hmmm." Sai hummed as he gestured Naruto to help him unpack his groceries in the kitchen, "It seems like she had a lot in her mind and she just needs a little.. distraction..?" Sai proposed.

"Distraction?" Naruto repeated, Naruto almost threw a flyer that had somehow entered Sai's grocery bag but was stopped by the other male.

"A distraction like this." Sai explained calmly as he pointed to the flyer.

Naruto read the flyer before he made a face, "Yeah right, like as if she would ever agree to go to THAT."

"She won't." Sai chimed in as he smiled.

There were so many times when Naruto felt like punching Sai on the face, with a chair. This could possibly be one of those moments. Naruto had to inhale and exhale before he asked, "Then WHY would you SUGGEST it?"

Sai's smile did not falter as he replied to that question as well, "I know just the person who COULD make her go."

........

"Ino, WHAT THE HELL?!" Sakura screamed as Ino barged into Sakura's apartment; uninvited. Ino threw a few paper bags against Sakura's chest as soon as Sakura opened up the door.

"Shut up and put this on. You are coming with me whether you like it or not." Ino commanded as she placed her hands on her hips and blew her bangs out of her eyes.

"Make me." Sakura exclaimed.

"Okay." Ino replied happily.

.......

"I cannot BELIEVE YOU!" Sakura whined, Ino had entered her mind, made her change into the dress for the evening; if that's what it was even called.

The dress was practically a white long-sleeves see through top, decorated in tiny pastel coloured sequined flowers, this complimented her pink-pearled mini tulle skirt.

Her currently softly curled up hair was HIGHLIGHTED in dark pink and purple streaks. Ino really did outdone herself. Sakura had a hard time comprehending the fact that she looked like herself as she faced the mirror, her evening makeup was on point; deep earthy shades filled up her face, her eyelids accentuated her eyes even further with a splash of playful golden glitter. Despite the fact that Sakura might have to murder Ino later, she could not deny that she looked good.

"Where are we going?" Sakura asked her blonde friend who kept giggling throughout their journey downtown.

"You'll see." Ino spoke excitedly.

"Ino.." Sakura started but was hushed by Ino.

"Sakura come on! You think I didn't notice? You have been acting so weird for the past two weeks! Whatever that is bothering you needs to be kept at Bay with a distraction. So, NO. Not listening to you. You need this to distract yourself." Ino reprimanded her friend.

Sakura heaved a loud sigh as Ino dragged her to wherever the hell it was that they were going to. Sakura's mind wandered off to what had happened between Kakashi and her; two weeks ago.