chapter nine.

"Riki efing Nishimura kissed you on the cheek!?"

"It's actually a 'peck on the cheek' not kiss, Hillman." Saeyoung clarified. She did not want to expect too much from a boy who she just met a week ago but it seems like they get closer everytime they both would bump into each other.

"I don't know about you but for me, it's still the same thing! You are aware that japanese netizens aren't really that expressive when it comes to feelings, right?" questioned Nina. And the same thought goes to Saeyoung. Ni-ki's actions are making Saeyoung question too much. Or is it just her?

"I am aware Nina. We've studied japan's culture and history on our history class."

"Right! So something tells me that you and Ni-ki could. And I quote, could!" Nina presented one finger standing up from her hand and slowly draw them closer as a sign or gesture about Nina's thought. And Saeyoung has no clue on what's going on with her friend's head.

"You're crazy. That would never happen! N-e-v-e-r! Never."

Nina rolled her eyes. "Nothing's impossible Roh Saeyoung. Besides, the both of you look cute together anyways."

Saeyoung threw a disgusted look. "Me? Cute? You're describing me with a wrong word. It's suppose to be 'beautiful' not cute."

"Hahaha! You're funny." said Nina with a sarcastic tone.

"I know. I was just trying to make you laugh."

"Yeah sure." Nina went back to her desk, grabbed her notepad and organised her markers. Sadly, her desk looks really messy. Her pens and coloring pencils were scattered and some rolled down the floor while there were marks in some corners of her desk due to the work she did last night. "Saeyoung, did you buy a new memory card for you're camera?"

"Yep! My uncle bought two and delivered them straight to my house-" Saeyoung was cut off at the sound of someone knocking on the door.

"Come on in!" shouted Nina.

And then came appeared the all so famous dance prodigy, Nishimura Riki. He gave in a small bow as he entered the room. "Am I disturbing you ladies?"

"No, not at all."

"Really? Good then. I just wanted to talk to Saeyoung." at the mention of the girl's name, a small smirk appeared on Nina's lips while Saeyoung had her eyes widened.

"M-Me?" questioned Saeyoung.

"Uhuh." Ni-ki walked closer to were Saeyoung was sitting, his small welcoming smile not fading. "May I sit here?" The boy pointed to the desk that Saeyoung was facing in front off.

"Go ahead." she replied.

Nina bit her lip and tried not to give them a creepy smile. "You guys just say what you want to say over there, 'cause I won't be listening." Nina grabbed her headphones and wore them to make it look like she was listening to music but actually, she wasn't. Nina didn't entirely block the right side of her ear, she wanted to hear them talk and how they talk to one another.

"You're part of the news department right? Those students who write the news about certain events, achievements and stuff?" asked Ni-ki.

"Yeah, so?"

"So that means that you will be with me and the dance team during our competition next week, right?"

"Um..." Saeyoung bit her lip. She wasn't sure if she were to watch Ni-ki and his team compete. But she wanted too though. "I'm not sure. The coordinator of the News Department will be the one to assign us in which competition will we be taken too. There's a possibility that I might get assigned to the other school representative teams like, the basketball team, volleyball team, football team, etc. I really can't promise anything. "

"I see." Ni-ki sighed. "But didn't you tell me before that I'd be the first person you'd take pictures of with you're new memory card?"

Nina snickered, immediately driving the attention of Saeyoung and Ni-ki to her. "Nina were you listening?"

Oh shoot, she was caught. "N-No! I was just laughing at the lyrics of the song I'm hearing. It's very funny, to be honest." Nina denied, still wanting to listen more to their conversation. Call her an eavesdropper, she won't mind.

"Anyways, I'm not really sure right now, Ni-ki. But don't worry, I'll find another way to make it up to you if I don't get assigned to the dance team."

"It's alright. It isn't you're fault anyways. So, I guess I'll just see you at practice later?" he says patting the girl's shoulder.

"Yeah. I'll see you later."

"Ms. Yoo? May I have a moment please?"

Just arranging some paperwork the principal has given her, she heard one of her students under the news department asking for her presence. Of course, she would always have time for her dear children no matter how busy she is. After all she's still a teacher, it's her duty to entertain the students.

"Yes Miss Nina Hillman? How may I help you? Is there anything wrong?" she asked, leading the girl to come and sit beside her.

"Ms. Yoo, you already have us, the students of the news team arranged in the competitions we are assigned in for next week, right?"

"Well yes, I do. In fact, I just finished arranging you all in you're assigned categories. What about it, Ms. Hillman?"

Nina started scratching the back of her head. She feels a bit nervous asking but oh well. "Well um, do you mind telling me on what representative team am I and Saeyoung are assigned in working about the news of the event and school team?"

Ms. Yoo stood up and grabbed some papers from her table, searching for the names of Nina Hillman and Roh Saeyoung. "Well you Miss Nina is assigned in the Dance Team while Ms. Saeyoung is set to be in the Football Team."

"Ms. Yoo, c-can I a-ask for a small favour?"

"Yes Miss Nina. Anything."

"Will it be okay if Saeyoung gets to be assigned in the Dance Team? Like me?"

"How come?"

"Is Ji Jaemi assigned to be in the Dance Team, Ms. Yoo?" Ms. Yoo nodded as once she saw Jaemi's name categorised in the same team as Nina. Nina shot a sly grin. She knew this coming.

"Ms. Yoo, I already talked to Jaemi earlier and she told me that she doesn't want to be assigned in the Dance Team because of what happened to her last year." a small flashback of last year's competition, Jaemi got injured after suddenly slipping, got her head hit right by the edge of the nearby table she was standing right beside with and then following the fall of hard covered books that hit her.

"Alright, I'll swap Jaemi and Risa's places-" Ms. Yoo was cut off by Nina.

"Ma'am, I think it's better if you swap Jaemi and Saeyoung's places instead. Saeyoung is responsible and she might probably lead us too. Ma'am, you are aware that she assists her class leaders." this excuse should at least be enough to persuade Ms. Yoo and hopefully it would work. Nina has already worked out everything. She should not fail.

"Well if you say so then, I'll swap Saeyoung and Jaemi's places." Ms. Yoo finished.

"Yes!" Nina quietly cheered to herself. "Thank you so much, Ms. Yoo! Love ya'!"

Ms. Yoo just chuckled. "What is that girl up too."