chapter thirty-one.

"Fine, but make sure you don't get caught Saeyoung. Your going to miss three days of school and will be taking a half day next week, if you're friends and teachers suspects anything, I'm sorry but I can't do anything to defend you, my dear."

Saeyoung grinned. " It's okay Miss Yoo! I have a plan sorted out on my own. " she just planned it yesterday. Saeyoung has talked about this to her parents during their call, at first they didn't like the idea of her skipping school just to practice with Soul but with a little persuasion and aegyo she was able to get them to say yes, she promised her parents that this will only happen once and never will she thought of doing it again, for they're sake and her education.

Her father had come up with an excuse that could help they're daughter. To make it sound more urgent and serious, they had written a promissory note for Saeyoung to give to her school's principal as an escape route to go and practice next week. Since her parents are living in Sejong City, and their daughter staying in Seoul with her grandmother, they sent the girl a picture of the promissory note with her parent's signature.

Now all she has to do is show the note to her principal and homeroom teacher, then she's free to do whatever she wants to do next week.

"Well then, I hope you're plan goes smoothly."

"It will. Anyways, thank you so much for you're time Miss Yoo! Hope you have a great day!" Saeyoung waved like a child, exiting her office to run and find Nina and her friends. She isn't actually planning on telling them about joining Soul and his team, wanting to keep a low profile instead.

"Hey, I have finished my work. I have a list of ideas about the headline of the basketball team's win, a description on how the sketch and editorial design and layout should be done, and the pictures Ayame collected during the team's play. It's all in between a navy blue folder on my desk so incase you need it, you could just grab it from there." Saeyoung fixed her things in a rush. Judging by the time, she was already late for her practice with Hyevin's dancers. Let's not forget the idea that it takes 20 minutes to arrive at Hyevin from Adroit.

Nina, Ze Yu and Daniel watches as their friend started cussing at herself while she hurriedly tended to her belongings. This was the fourth time she had finished earlier than them through this week.

Swinging her bag over her shoulder, Saeyoung fixed her gaze to Songyee who was still busy checking the workings and drafts of the team. "Songyee unnie. I saw some typographical errors in some of the finished works by Xiuwen and his team, do you mind if you check them out for me?"

"I'm on it."

"Thanks."

Saeyoung barged out of the door and into the school hallways of her school. Since the students have already been dismissed two hours since the present time, not many students would be seen wondering around the hallways─except for the school athletes who has training after classes.

Running towards the school exit with her attention sticked to her watch, Saeyoung felt a slight pain on her left arm as she realized that she had bumped into someone. The two lost their balance and immediately fell, the person Saeyoung had bumped into, saved her from a hard fall with her landing on top of the person, instead of the floor. The girl's head landed on top of the person's chest making the person she landed on groan.

The girl immediately sat up, her eyes widening at the sight of a boy. She cursed at herself. "Shit, Xing Long! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to─"

"It's fine I- ow! ow! ow!" Xing Long yelped in pain as Ni-ki harshly pinched his ear and dragging it up to make him stand away from the girl. "Dude! Is that even fucking necessary!?" he questioned, caressing his poor ear. Ni-ki did not bother to answer and kept a poker face instead.

Saeyoung gave small bow of apology to Xing Long and the dance team who witnessed the embarrassing moment right in front of them. The girl took a quick look at her watch. "Shit, I'm late!" then, she took off but before completely passing the dancers of Adroit, she accidentally bumped into Taki's right shoulder and immediately apologized for her carelessness before rushing off to the exit.

"What's wrong with her?"

"Exactly. That was the fifth time this week. Yesterday, it was Junghwan who she bumped into, and just a few seconds ago it was Xing Long and Taki."

Miihi's lips turned to a thin line. "Do you guys think she's planning something?"

Lucy shooked her head. "That looks impossible. It's pretty clear that she's always in a rush for something, don't you think?"

"Whatever. Let's go back to the practice room and start, we aren't done polishing our steps yet." the dancers followed they're captain's wishes and proceeded back to the dance room. Ni-ki took a quick stare at the school's exit before sighing and following his teammates from behind.

"Okay, let's take five."

The Dancers collapsed to the floor and relaxed as the cold and refreshing air of the AC envelope the whole room and their bodies. It has been one sweaty hour of practice now that Mr. Leechaiyapornkul came and decided to check on them and their progress. He gave several feedbacks and opinions on how they could still enhnace some areas of the steps and of course, how to execute them properly.

And one of the most important thing about the dance is, emotion.

It's a couple dance, so in order to score high in the next competition, they can't just execute the dance but they also need to feel it. They need to act in love in order to convince but at the same time, wow the judges.

While the others relaxed at the floor, Ni-ki sat down on a far corner, taking a sit of his water. His face turned serious, the plastic bottle he was holding was tightly squeezed as the boy stared at a far away direction. Takara noticed her boyfriend's actions and decided to sit beside him. She took a hold of his left hand and gave him a sincere look. "Ni-ki, is there anything bothering you?"

"No. I'm fine─"

"Don't lie, Ni-ki. You can't lie to me. To you're own girlfriend."

Ni-ki's head fell forward. They have known each other for two years, there was no way that he could escape Takara once she notices that something wrong is happening with him. "I had a weird dream last night." he spoke.

"Keep going."

"I-I...I saw a girl. S-She was lying down on a hospital bed with an air tube. I-I don't know who she is but seeing her like that made my chest f-feel heavy." Takara noticed a tear escaping from Ni-ki's eye, she gave him a comforting hug and rubbed circles at his back.

Ni-ki's teammates had they're eyes focused on him. They were shocked to see they're own captain cry for the first time in two years.

"Calm down, Ni-ki. It was just a dream...I'm here now." she softly whispered onto his ear. Ni-ki hugged his girlfriend tightly into his arms. "Hush now, it was probably just a nightmare." she assured him.