chapter thirty-nine.

2:46 pm in the afternoon, the bright shining rays of the sun blocked by the thick fabric of the curtains refusing to welcome the light to shine inside the empty space. The area invaded by the cold air coming from the ac setting up a brooding and cold mood. The raven haired teen sitting from a far corner of the room, glanced at her brother's figure all covered up by pile of thin blankets and soft pillows. For the past two hours, Ni-ki shed his tears crying over the story that led to his mother's passing. Just by staring at the picture of her tomb was already painful and difficult enough to handle but being informed about the narrative cause made him experience such grief.

Konon slowly walked up to her brother and went to lay down beside him. As soon as her body meets the soft mattress, she pulled the comforter over her, shielding herself from the cold temperature. From there she was able to hear Ni-ki's faint whimpers and sniffles. Even with his face hidden, the raven can tell that his eyes were swollen red with conspicuous stain of tears leaving marks on his cheeks.

"You are such a crybaby." all these years growing up together, never has she caught her brother crying like this. He was never the type to show his sorrow in front of anyone, also it was so rare to see him cry that not even a single member of his team - except Takara, was able to catch a glimpse of him shedding a few tears whether he was feeling the sense of joy or despair. If someone were to mistaken him as a robot, Konon wouldn't be surprised at all. "Riki, can I tell you something?"

The boy remained quiet. He was not in the mood to start a conversation especially when all he could think of is his mother. Not initially in need of his permission, Konon went on caring less about the situation he's in right now. "We have a little sister, here in Korea. . . . she's alive."

"Or dead"

"Don't be like that Riki, you can't be sure since you haven't met her yet-"

"And how can you be sure as well? Did you video chat her before coming here to Korea? Were you and dad hiding her from me after all these years?" the way he spoke made Konon sigh in disbelief. She always hated this sarcastic side of his. If the condition they were currently in was far from deep, Konon would have taken this chance to strangle her own brother. As for Ni-ki, he couldn't believe that his sister was already talking about another family member when the news about their mother's passing obviously affected him big time but why does it sound like Konon feels so unbothered by it. She should be weeping alone in her room by now.

"Himiko Haku."

"Huh?" Ni-ki sat up giving her sister an alarmed look.

"Himiko Haku is Katsumi Nishimura."

Shocked at the unexpected revelation, the boy did not wait for another minute and rushed out of his room, stubbing his toe during the process. He briskly and carelessly went down the stairs causing him to miss the last three steps which resulted to him harshly falling down onto the living room floor however that minor accident was nothing compared to his burning desire to see his little sister. Konon was too surprised at the sudden burst of energy he possessed that she even found amusement at his own recklessness.

As the boy was about to step out of the house, his phone vibrated out of the blue. He instantly opened his message box and saw a text from a close friend of his.

From: Shio Akane

To: Nishimura Riki

Good Day to you, Nishimura
Riki! You are hereby invited to
Shio Akane's, Up All Night slumber
party that is to be held this Friday
at Shio Residence. 6:00pm in
the evening. Don't be late ;)
sent

"This is relationship is not working out very well between us."

"Okay so?"

"Let's breakup."